It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
(male)

M-dot HB User
HPV and your Immune System

I am looking for some help here.

I believe I have HPV. I have taken the White Vinegar test and have had some spots turn white. Because of this I have come to the conclusion that i probably have contracted the HPV virus.

I want to know how much of an impact the human immune system fights off the HPV virus and its outbreaks. Can someone tell me any effective ways to boost your immune system and the likelihood of the HPV/warts to go away with an immune system fighting them off solely.

Any information will help. Thanks.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #2
(female)

lorraine521 HB User
Re: HPV and your Immune System

there is no cure so far for HPV and you can easily spread the virus from basic skin to skin contact even when using protecton. By taking vitamins like fiber everyday, can help your immune system fight the virus and eventually after a while prevent you from spreading it to others. but sorry to say, you will still have the virus in your body and can have outbreaks at any time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #3
(female)

lorraine521 HB User

oh i forgot, the best thing to do right now is to see a gyn, and get a pap smear. HPV can cause cancer and most HPVs comes with pre-cancerous cells if not treated then in the future you can contract cancer and i hope you don't want that.
Best of Luck!

Old 08-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #4
(male)

M-dot HB User

Just curious if anyone knows if this White Vinegar test 100% verifies that I have HPV... Thanks.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-dot
if this White Vinegar test 100% verifies that I have HPV
No it does not! A so called "vinegar test" is usually performed by a doctor on warts on the cervix - on the inside. Some doctors will also use it on the external genitals, but it takes a trained eye to tell the difference between HPV and all of the other bumps and spots we all get on our genitals. You are not going to be able to diagnose your own HPV, you need to go to a doc and get checked out.

If you do have HPV, it is impossible to know if your warts will go away on their own. Some do, some don't. Some get worse, some stay the same for years.

Even though there is no cure for HPV, there are effective treatments available. Your doctor can probably make the visible warts go away.

This site's health center has a lot of info on HPV, you might want to check it out.

Good luck.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #6
(male)

M-dot HB User

Couple more questions:

What else could the Vinegar be turning white?

And "analog2000" are you a doctor, just curious?

Old 08-14-2005, 11:04 AM   #7
(female)

Colleen04 HB User

I have never heard of the vinegar test before but when I do know is that you need to see a doctor if you do suspect yourself of having HPV. Even if you are right, it is even more of a reason to get it officially diagnosed.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:45 PM   #8
(male)

M-dot HB User

Anyone else have any information on this white vinegar/HPV test? Curious if anyone knows if this test could color any non-HPV spots white?

Old 08-17-2005, 11:23 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-dot
Curious if anyone knows if this test could color any non-HPV spots white?
Yes, it can turn other damaged skin white, like a healing wound. It is not a guarantee that you have HPV. However, if your spots are wart-like (look like warts, feel like warts and now they react like warts to the test) and that's the whole reason you gave yourself the test in the first place, chances are you have warts, plain and simple. Just go the the doctor and have them removed.

HPV usually leaves the body within 2 years anyway, but you really should deal with the warts instead of waiting.

You can try eating more broccoli, cabbage, leeks, and cauliflower (I forget what it's supposed to contain but it's good for it, the article was specifically about this), but seriously go to a doc and have it professionally diagnosed and treated.

Closed Thread