It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 01:06 AM   #1

Lucky2323 HB User
Trying to figure out which girl gave me HPV, Please help need advice thanks!!!

I am trying to figure out which girl likely gave me HPV Genital warts. Here's my story, I dated my first girlfriend and first sexual partner for 3.5 years. We broke up in the summer of 2002 and I began to date another girl for a few months we had protected sex everytime except for one drunken night. After we broke up, I got back together with my first girlfriend and we dated for another year. A year after sleeping with the second girl I began to develop a few genital warts and was diagnosed with HPV Genital Warts in the summer of 2003. Now I am trying to figure out which girl gave me genital warts. My first girlfriend had one sexual partner before me and never anybody after me. Since I never had any warts in the 3.5 years that I dated her I am assuming it isn't her. Is it possible that I could have contracted the HPV from the second girl during the one time we had unprotected sex? Or could it had been contracted through a condom? (my warts are on the shaft of my penis so I am assuming a condom would protect that area) I am confused because I didn't devlop symptoms until a year after our relationship ended, and I am 100% sure my girlfriend never slept with anybody else. Any advice would be appreciated, I just want to figure out who gave me this awful nightmare so I can mentally relax.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 05:13 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sparkleflower HB User
Re: Trying to figure out which girl gave me HPV, Please help need advice thanks!!!

Why would knowing who gave it to you matter in any way? It doesn't change anything. I urge you to let that train of thought go, and just accept that like almost all people, you have HPV. It's not a big deal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 07:23 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User
Re: Trying to figure out which girl gave me HPV, Please help need advice thanks!!!

To be honest, there's probably no way ofyou ever knowing for sure who gave you genital warts. Sparkleflower is right, it doesn't matter because it in no way means that any of your girlfriends were unfaithful to you.

You first girlfriend could have gotten it the time she had sex with someone before you but you just didn't show symptoms until now.

Or I would say the more lightly explanation is that the second girl gave them to you, unknowingly. Even though you used condoms unfortunately that does not stop the transmission of HPV.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:42 PM   #4

Lucky2323 HB User

It matters to me because if it was the girl I slept with after my first girlfriend then I am going to feel guilty and continue to be mad at myself. If it was my first girlfriend then I will not be as upset. I know that sounds dumb, but the second girl was just a phsyical thing. So the transmission of HPV can be transmitted through a condom? How is the condom covers the shaft of the penis? Wouldn't you get warts on the areas where the condom didn't cover the penis? I know its easy for everybody to say its very common and just accept it, but it isn't easy to accept. I wish more than anything I had gotten the HPV strand with no genital warts then it wouldn't be a big deal, but I feel dirty and gross now, everytime I take a shower I look down there and see them and it makes me feel disgusting and unclean. I can't enter into any serious relationships because I am afraid I will spread it to someone else that I care about. Its a nightmare! I would do anything not to have this, so thats why I care!

Old 09-07-2005, 03:32 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

Lucky, I didn't mean that you shouldn't care that you have it. Of course no one wants to have HPV and the associated genital warts. I have genital warts and they definitely are not nice to have. If I didn't have a fiance who I am marrying next year I would certainly worry about future relationships.

All you can do is get your warts treated and use protection every time you have sex. The thing is, I know it doesn't make any difference to you, but 80% of sexually active people will at some point in their lives be infected with HPV. It is a risk that every single person who has sex takes.

There is every chance that your first girlfriend had HPV anyway before she even met you and very few people who have HPV actually develop warts so there is every chance that she wouldn't develop warts anyway.

I am on the pill and do not use any other protection with my fiance and I have never given him warts. Yes, he will have HPV but there is no saying that I didn't get it from him in the first place. It is one of those things that you just can't point any fingers.

Most of the time HPV is not visually noticeable so hardly anyone who has it knows about it!

You say you wish more than anything that you had gotten a strain of HPV that didn't give you warts, so why don't you get your warts treated and make yourself feel better. You have to bear with it but the treatment will help you.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:09 AM   #6
(female)

wish2 HB User

Can you ask either one of them about it? Try and find out for a fact in stead of just trying to figure it out yourself.

Closed Thread