It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
(female)

Quirk HB User
Unhappy Mid-cycle spotting and other fun... HPV or ***?

i am 21 years old. in may, i was diagnosed with genital warts (HPV). before this point, i've always had very regular periods (like, they come the same day every month!) my periods are still regular, but since my june cycle i've been experiencing mid-cycle spotting. each month, it seems to last longer and shed more blood. in fact, for this month, i am presently spotting for roughly 5 days, and today i have to wear a pantyliner! it's almost like a period, except the blood is almost "rose" colored (not deep red) and has a more watery consistency.
i also noticed, shortly after my diagnosis, a small "ball" at the front of my vagina, near my cervix, that seems to change size. there seems to be a correlation, in that when i "spot," this "ball" seems to be bigger than it usually is.
my normal vaginal discharge has also changed- it used to be, well, abundant. now, it is scant and has hardly any odor to it, which is pleasant (!) but not "normal" for me.
i just had a pap done at the end of august, and supposedly it was normal.
is it possible to have cancer at my age? what could this "ball" be? has anyone ever experienced any or all of these symptoms, due to HPV or anything else?? i need some reassurance...

Old 09-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #2
(female)

cantturnback HB User
Re: Mid-cycle spotting and other fun... HPV or ***?

Hi I was diagnosed with HPV a year ago and I also have had changes in my period and other things, and as for the bump I had one of those two, but it went away. Good Luck and i hope everything works out for you.

Last edited by cantturnback; 09-19-2005 at 02:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread