It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 10:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User
Feelings of hopelessness with HPV

Receanlty I have really been down about having GW. I know there are worse things in life but at the moment it is hitting me full-fleged. I have receantly been told that I am currently wart free. Which is good news of course; but the area that had been treated is still pinkish due to several cyro treatments. I do not know how long it will take too heal. Anyways my dilema is that I keep meeting women that want me REAL bad! I have been blessed with the ability of always knowing what to say..and girls fall head over heels for me. Receantly I had a girl that is litterally obsessed with me who has A BF mind you that wants to leave him and come to me. IT is flattering none the less but I cant do it. Another girl in one of my classes that I have just started talking too in the last couple of weeks is starting to fall for me. The thing is I did not develop the ability to talk to women until after I was diagnosed with HPV> I know that does not make much sense but I kind of had a reawaking in life and realized that I was toying with my life when I was having unproteced sex with this girl I did not know well. The only reason I had sex with her was because I was in a deep depresion due to some major life events and my head was not clear. After that whole incident my life completey changed and I am a totally different person than I once was. When it comes to girls I have always wanted just to have a nice gf. I never was the type that wanted tp sleep with as many girls as possible. I have had less sex than all of my friends around me; yet I am the one who gets the STD because of one bad mistake. ANyways back to my dilemna. I know I could charm this new girl I met to the point were should would consider taking a chance with me even with my condition. But the way I see it; it really is no different than brainwashing someone. I dont want to put anyone in a situation where they could possibly get this. All in all I know GW are not bad because they are treatable and eventually can leave the body but their is such a level of uncertainty about it that it is impossible to know if you are ever safe not to pass it on. IT just makes me feel so horrible that I have finally reached a point in my life were I know how to attract women very well but cannot do anything about it. I just spend my time going to school and working; while the rest of my friends are having fun. I keep having to flake out on girls because of this and I am getting sick of it. Well I just needed to vent I suppose that some point in my life I will make sense of why this happend to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2005, 08:31 PM   #2
(female)

Questions..HPV? HB User
Re: Feelings of hopelessness with HPV

I can relate! I think everyone who has this has asked themselves, "why me??". I found out about 4 weeks ago that I had HPV after I noticed a couple of warts. I was stunned to hear the diagnosis. I always thought it was spread through unprotected sex and I have always used protection. I think most people think the same way, if they use protection, they are ok! Unfortunately that is not always the case....as those of us with HPV know.

Anyway....I have only known for about a month now and I am trying not to let it take over my life. At first, I thought, "Oh no, I can't get married and have kids, and how in the world am I ever going to tell a guy about this in the future." But after reading so many stories on hear, it has given me hope that I can have the things in life that I want and that there are understanding people in this world!

Kudos to you for wanting to be honest and upfront with women before anything happens! I think if you weren't honest with them upfront, your conscience would kick in and you would feel alot of guilt for not telling them! But don't let it keep you from talking to women and pursuing a relationship. You may find that ONE person who is very understanding and loves you no matter what! I am not going to let it hold me back, I am just going to be very cautious about things from now on!

Good luck to you....keep us posted!

Old 10-05-2005, 11:19 PM   #3
(female)

moonstruckgrl HB User

Well, you may even find a woman that already has it!
But anyway, where did you hear that the virus can eventually leave the body?! I thought this thing was for life...
It builds itself into the DNA. How would it leave the body?

Old 10-06-2005, 12:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

typw in your brower HPV forum...then go to that site with that adress...it has all kinds of indo about clearnace from credible sources..and cdc...Im going to planned parenthood in the am to check my self again and ask questions.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

o yeah I realize tht questions..hpv? I knwo that the girl that would love you know matter what will take ya. But thing is I am 23 and there is not too many girls out there looking for long term and I am not sure If I am. I know I want a GF; but do I know I want to be with them forever?

Old 10-06-2005, 09:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

SO I went to a diff nurse today at planned parenthood to get second opinion form my nurse at the uni health center. She said pretty much exactly the same thing and said that my condition is diffently in the healing phase. She told me that it is most likely that I will never see another wart again fro the rest of my life. That made me feel real good. It also made me realize how much pyschological is tied in with what the body is doing. The last couple of days my healing area got bright red...and it was still a bit red this morning. It was like that because I was stressing big time about possibly nvr being with anyone again. It has been about 12 hrs since the appointment and I can barley even notice were the healing area is. Anyways I did ask her opinon on contagiousness and telling. She beleives that it is more than likley that the body does bring it to a point of not being contagious after some time of healing. *but* it is unknown and thier is no way to test it so it is important to inform. She says that she sees it all the time and that I should not feel too bad about it. I talked with her about it for a while. She then told me that I am really intelligent and seem to be really caring and that I should have no problem finding a girl to accept me. I am sure she sugercoated it a bit but made me feel good none the less. Well just thought I would share.

Old 10-28-2005, 03:45 PM   #7
(female)

ChrissyBU HB User

Hey,

well it is funny that once you feel that you are forbidden then you attract everything under the sun. That is the same case for people that get into relationships and then find that everyone wants them all of a sudden. The truth is that when you are single and looking, your vibe gives of a sort of desperatness.... not knowing it, you are trying to get laid. When you are in a relationship, or in your case, you got HPV and have told yourself that you are undesirable or unwanted...those insecurities left you and you started being more yourself....that charming, wonderful persont that you have been all along. The problem is, you should not view yourself in this light because of the HPV. Sure, a lot of chicks may be on your jock now, but 90 percent of them will eventually lose interest, or turn out to be psychos or it will just not work out so don't get a big head cuz all of these girls suddenly want you. If anything, HPV has given you the patience to REALLY get to know these girls and see if they are really what you are looking for and love you for the right reasons. It's quality not the quantity, remember that.... Just keep educating yourself so when the right girl comes along, you will have the proper info to help her make a decision. Respect yourself and respect others and always protect yourself.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:35 PM   #8
(female)

melis_03 HB User

It is true that usually hpv will get to a point where is it no longer contagious. But you will be able to get married and have kids. ChrissyBU had some great advice. HPV may feel awful now, but it's not the end of the world. You shouldn't look at yourself as toxic, you can still go on dates and take the time to get to know girls. Its great that you feel obligated not to have sex when you know you could be putting your partner at risk. If you find a girl that you really have true feelings for, then maybe you could talk to her about your hpv. If she really cared about you she wouldn't just turn you away.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:45 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

LOL chrissybou you are so right about girls. I actually had a couple of these girls that were all over me are kidna giving me the cold shoulder now. Because i did not give them the attention they craved and they found it somewhere else. There are a lot of pyscho's out their. You guys give good advice though so thanks.

Old 11-09-2005, 05:16 AM   #10
(female)

marriedvictim HB User

I am married but my husband and I were seperated for six months and i had no intentions on going back. Well while seperated I had protected sex with another man. After six months my husband and I get back together and about 1 year after that I notice these bumps. I had HPV and now gave it to my husband. Carefull condoms don't always protect.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:59 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

to update my sit. I have not seen another wart for another month now...it has been almost 3..so that is a good thing. I flaked out on the girl in my class. Even though she was attractive I would not have gone for her HPV or not..she was like talking to a sack of potatoes. Receantly I have had this girl start talking to me outside of class. She just came up and introduced herself. SHE is Gorgeous! She is cool too. Havnt decided what to do yet. I guess in time I will figure it out.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #12
(female)

ChrissyBU HB User

take your time Goonter! She could turn out to be a psycho biyatch! haha... but serious, don't let that smile fool ya.. but she could turn out to be cool too.

C

Old 11-11-2005, 12:15 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

yeah chrissy I am aware their are a lot of pyschos out their as I have dealt with them b4!

Closed Thread