It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
hpv (and aldara) question

I have HPV and broke out bad. 4-5 warts in a couple days. I put Aldara cream on them for 3 days in a row because they were itching like crazy and now it just burns. Should I assume the burning is from the Aldara, or can warts just hurt? Anyway the burning is nothing short of painful and Im wondering if (its from Aldara) it will go away on it's own or if I should have them removed? Does it hurt to get them removed...what is least painful...and can you have sex that same day or are you sore down there for awhile

Old 10-26-2005, 08:33 PM   #2
(female)

threethings HB User
Re: hpv (and aldara) question

Aldara definitely causes burning. What did your doctor recommend for treatment? Just Aldara or possible removal too? I think they recommend Aldara because it causes your immune system to recognize the virus and attack it.
I would think having sex might aggravate the pain that is already there. Does your partner already have HPV too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2005, 09:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

My doctor didnt mention getting them actually removed. I just went in and asked for a cream that I could apply (to get rid of warts) and that's what she gave me. That was a couple months ago though and I just had a terrible out break a couple days ago. They were itching all the time and I overused the Aldara...its been maybe 2 days since I quit using the cream and still burning...So I was wondering about getting them removed...would that help...and like I asked before can you have sex the day you get them removed...oh and yes my partner has hpv so thats not an issue...

Old 10-27-2005, 07:01 AM   #4
(female)

threethings HB User

i would ask your doctor if you can have them removed. there are different treatment options and you should be in charge of your own health so if that's what you want, call and ask. it can't hurt to ask.

Old 10-27-2005, 06:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

I was on Aldara and was told to only use it every other day. And you can't just use it a few days trying to clear it up, it has to be used for a few weeks before you start to see good results.. Just a little heads up, I know how painful it can be but if you stick with it, the results can be GREAT! (although they can be different for each person). If you read the info that comes with it, the success rate is higher in woman that use it every other day for 12 weeks. So good luck!

Old 10-28-2005, 12:32 PM   #6
(female)

alh8071 HB User

It is definately the cream. You have to make sure you use it everyday, and NOT too much of it. I found that the more you put on the more it burned.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

well it took 5-6 days for the burning to stop after I quit applying it but yes Ive been using it for a long time now and no results :-(

Old 10-30-2005, 04:53 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

If you've been taking it every other day for atleast 12 weeks and see no results, I would recomend talking to your dr about having them removed. You should make sure you are using it every other day, and not every day though. One of the ways Aldara works is by making your body realize that the immune system needs to concentrate on that one area, but using it everyday can cause you to work up an immunity to it. It also explains this in the sheet that comes along with the medication, and it's pretty strict, (along with dr's) about every other day. (and on top of that I know it can burn alot more if you use it everyday. for a few days I attempted that even knowing better hoping to rid them faster... no way

Old 11-01-2005, 09:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

everyone responds differnt to it. I had a bad response and stopped using it. Cryotreatment worked the best for me. Although I had to have several I have not seen a wart for about 2 months now.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:19 PM   #10
(female)

lorraine521 HB User

I was on aldara as well and my doctor told me to use it every other day (monday,wednesday,friday)for several weeks.About 1 week into it, I did notice the burning,stinging as well. So I called my doctor and he said if the burning becomes unbareable to stop using the cream until the burning goes away,then re-continue use.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:10 PM   #11
(female)

threethings HB User

i don't think you're supposed to use aldara every day. it's designed to work when using every other day. i think it has something to do with getting your immune system to kick in and recognize what's going on. the more you put on...the more it burns...and the less it helps. is that correct? can anyone else confirm?

Old 11-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #12
(female)

Quirk HB User

when i was on aldara, i used it every other day, and it burned like CRAZY!!!! it was so awful, i couldn't sleep, and the heat of summer made my not be able to sleep worse, so i'd stay up all night, trying not to itch myself to death. the next day or two when i didn't use it, i still felt sore and irritated. that stuff is just incredibly potent.

i do HIGHLY recommend changing eating/physical habits. because warts come about with a low immune system, you just need to work on making yours stronger. after i was diagnosed, i started eating tons of fruits (blueberries, strawberries, bananas, and apples), took more vitamins, and went running at least a mile each morning, usually followed by 20 min's of push-ups/crunches/etc. my little warts were gone in probably a week or two, and i was basically cleared within 4-5 weeks. i had a pretty big wart that took awhile to go away, but no more than 6-7 weeks. i didn't completely use each application, so i was able to re-use the little packs, but i didn't have to buy more than one fill of aldara, and i still have some leftover i hope i don't have to use it again!!!!

Old 11-10-2005, 02:39 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethings
i don't think you're supposed to use aldara every day. it's designed to work when using every other day. i think it has something to do with getting your immune system to kick in and recognize what's going on. the more you put on...the more it burns...and the less it helps. is that correct? can anyone else confirm?
You are 100% correct

Closed Thread