It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2005, 07:06 PM   #1

cbm30 HB User
Thumbs down Hpv and how it affects men????

Hello, i had a rough relationship with my last girlfriend. she cheated on me and gave me hsv-1. however my body has dealt with it very well, only had one outbreak and that was when i first got it. anyhow a girl i have been seeing now(never engaged in intercourse) although have fooled around just told me her pap came back abnormal and that she had high risk hpv. it got me thinking, i remember about a few months ago having a hard bump, no clusters, in my pubic region. it didnt behave like a pimple, i did squeeze it and some puss and blood came out. anyways my question is how does hpv affect men. i know it can cause cervical cancer in women so how serious is it with men seeing as i dont have a cervix. please respond . thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2005, 09:54 PM   #2
(female)

Lvnglf HB User
Re: Hpv and how it affects men????

Hpv to my knowledge can lead to penile cancer. The risk of this though is extremely low. EXTREMELY low, very, very rare. They can't check the penis the same way as they do for cervical displasia. From what I gather "hpv buggs" like it moist, which your penis ain't. That's why it's not a big worry. From what you've described, comparing to my book (I was diagnosed with cin3) that doesn't sound at all linked with HPV.

The only thing, from what I gather, to worry as a man, is that you might pass it along to future partners, wear a condom.

If your present and future partners eat well, avoid stressfull situations, has an overall high immune system, gets her annual pap smear, HPV ain't going to nesecarily cause any problems. Very few people with HPV leads to serious problems.

Wearing a condom, make sure your present/future sexual partner takes care of herself including her annual pap smear test. Don't worry, it's not a "big deal".

I hope this helps.

I ain't no doc though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2005, 10:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User
Re: Hpv and how it affects men????

only thing that usually happens is getting genital warts. It does not sound like she has that strain though. Penile cancer is incredibly rare. Just do what the last poster said.

Closed Thread