It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2005, 09:10 PM   #1

fadam0023 HB User
Just found out I have HPV

I just found out today that I have HPV. My doctor saw some bumps on the lips and near the opening of the vagina and said they are genital warts. She did a swap to see what type of HPV I have, the low risk or high risk. My question is that I have only ever been with one man. He said he has never had any syptoms, no bumps or anything. Now from what I've read men can be carriers for the high risk hpv and never show symptoms. But could he have given me genital warts without ever getting a wart himself??? Any help on this would be great.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:04 PM   #2
(female)

ChrissyBU HB User
Re: Just found out I have HPV

Hey,

I just found out that I have warts today too. My boyfriend, the one I think infected me, or maybe not...the thing that sucks about this virus is that you never know who carries it because most people never get the warts. My boyfriend has never had a wart either. Different people's bodies process the virus differently. My doc told me today that less than 40% of people that carry the virus actually develop the warts....ever! It is a very confusing virus. You can get it by simple skin on skin contact, not just sex. Remember that. Even more frustrating is that there is no test for men without visible warts so that leaves the women to bear most of the burden...as usual. Yes, men can carry the high risk or the low risk without ever having any symptoms. My pap was negative for the virus so I thought I was fine. I even called to ask about cuz I knew that the bumps were not right.... I had to go and find the right info since I was lead to believe that everything was fine from my original test.. Educate yourself as much as you can. HPV is the number one STD....and pretty much everyone that has had 3 partners in their lives has been exposed to the virus and/or carries it themselves. It is really a crazy statistic and even crazier that a diease that is so prevalent is known so little about. Don't worry. you are not alone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 07:16 AM   #3

fadam0023 HB User

Thanks. You were a great help. I appreciate it.

Old 11-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

fadam- He may have been a carrier, and you would never know! It's kinda frustrating that some people don't show any signs of having HPV, then some people it affects pretty hard. It's also possible, although VERY VERY VERY rare (let me stress how rare lol), that you can be born with it. I was. But just like Chrissy said, it's the most common std. Most people have it and don't even know it. I bet over half the people you come in contact everyday have it, they just don't advertise it. You're not alone in this

Old 11-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #5

fadam0023 HB User

Thanks soon2bmommy. My boyfriend is feeling so guilty about this. I told him that he was probably just a carrier but it helps to have other people say the same thing. Maybe he will give himself a break.

Thanks everyone

Closed Thread