It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2005, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

MYSISSYGIRLS HB User
Hpv / Unfaithfl Husband

Im New Here But Am Desperate For Help That My Doctor Hasnt Given Me. I Went For Exam At New Gyno For Pelvic Pain. While Being Examined He Told Me I Had Genital Warts.i Was In Shock And Actuall Sat Straight Up Because I Have Meen Married For 18 Years To Same Man And Been Monogomous. My Husband However Has Had A Couple Affairs. When I Got Home From Doctor And Told Him A Couple Days Later He Asked Me If There Was A Pill He Could Take To Get Rid Of It.at That Point I Knew He Was Having Another Affair. He Finally Admitted It.i Also Have Dysplasia And My Doctor Has Suggested A Hysterctomy Because None Of The Other Treatments Have Worked For It.i Had The Warts Removed.the Women My Husband Had The Breif Affair With Recently Has A Very Well Known Sexual History In Our Town And Has Been With More Than Alot Of Me.i Am Very Concerned Now What Else He May Have And Have Asked Him To Get Std Tested He Says He Will But Has Not Made An Attempt To.i Actually Went And Advised This Woman That I Had Genital Warts Removed And That He Is A Carrier Of Hpv.she Had No Reaction But My Husband Had Not Informed Her And For Some Reason I Felt Compelled To.her Non Reaction Kinda Of Scares Me Of What Else She May Have And Just Does Not Care.he Is Showing No Signs Of Warts But Says He Has Hemroids Around Anus.thats Where My Warts Were And I Though Were Henroids For Years.wrong!!!is It Possible That He Gave Me This Without Him Having Warts On Him And Has Went On To Pass It On To Someone Else If He Has No Warts On His Penis.thanks Any Info Would Help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2005, 01:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Hpv / Unfaithfl Husband

I'm so sorry for your situation. I hope you get treated and find the strength to leave your husband. He obviously is not healthy for you.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

HPV is a virus. You do not have to have visible warts to carry and spread the virus.

Your husband should get checked for HPV - and everything else while he's at it.

Old 11-22-2005, 07:02 PM   #4
(female)

ChrissyBU HB User

Hey Mysissygirls,

I am sorry about your situation. You should have had him tested after the first affair and any after. More importantly, you should kick his butt to the curb ASAP! No more excuses, I don't care who you are or what you look like, that is total crap. You deserve better and believe me, it is out there. You are right to take action about the STD"s, more important, if you continue to have sex with your husband, you must wear condoms since you do not know what he is bringing home. Until he has all of his tests and they come back negative, I would steer clear of him. To answer your question, YES he can have the HPV virus and not have any warts. Only 30% of people that have the virus ever show warts. That is why so many people have it and do not know, they do not show symptoms. That is why this woman he has slept with probably has the virus too. You can also carry the virus for many years and not have any warts as well so you may have been infected years ago after the first affair and had no idea. There is no test for HPV(warts) in men. So getting your husband tested is no good. They must diagnose him by looking at the warts so if he has none, there is nothing that you can do. It is safe to say that he does have the virus BUT you should have him tested for everything else. Herpes, HIV and clamydia are all things that he needs to be tested for now. If you do decide to stay with him, I would forgo any sexual contact with him until you SEE the results for yourself. Think about your own sexual health. Luckily, you care enough about your own health and you are doing what you have to do to protect yourself. I wish that your own husband cared enough to do the same not only to protect himself but also the woman that is supposed to be the most important thing in his life. Do the right thing for yourself.

Good Luck

Closed Thread