It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
(female)

Dry_your_eyes41 HB User
Unhappy PLEASE HELP. I dont know how to deal with HVP

So i am a 16 year old girl and i was just diagnosed with HPV. i know you are all probably woundering wht a girl my age is doing being sexually active, but i am not , i was well basically...intoxicated (on purpose by the boy) and he waited till i passed out and , in othertook advantage of me. I was 15 and he was 19. this was my biggest mistake ever. but i recently found out of having HVP> i dont think i can handle this. i used to be judgemental and think "ew if u have an STD you are dirty" but that is not true i have not had sex since or even before that. it hurts me to know i am , in my opion very "clean" or careful and i try hard to do good, and now that i found this out i dont know what to do! Will HVP EVER GO AWAY? i am getting treated next week. ( i had to tell my mother everything, which was HORRABLE ) please help.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
(female)

twhite HB User
Re: PLEASE HELP. I dont know how to deal with HVP

Hey Im sorry to hear what happen to you. Im a 24 y/o female and I was diagnosed with HPV about two years ago and it was resolved thanks to god. After your appointment come back here and let us know what kind of HPV you are diagnosed with. It all depends on what kind of HPV you have, but some are treatable. God Bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2005, 07:29 PM   #3
(female)

ChrissyBU HB User
Re: ... HPV...can anyone help?

Hey Dryyoureyes,

Ok..that whole situation sucks! Whoever took advantage of you should be reported to the police or at least, start telling people about him so that other girls will not go through what you have. That is your lesson to teach after all that you have been through. You can now teach other girls how to avoid these situations. What happened was not your fault. Now, the doctors will tell you lots of things that will seem hopeless but you must do your own research.

There are so many conflicting ideas about HPV. Most important is, you are going to be fine. This is treatable and 80% of the population carries this virus. You are lucky because you are young and healthy and your immune system is strong (dont smoke!). If you take good care of your health like exercise, take a multivitiman and eat healthy you can boost your immune system and it will take hold of the virus and get rid of it. Most people clear the virus from your body in 9 months to 2 years. HPV is a transient virus. This means that it may stay in your body forever but, there comes a time that you can no longer transmit it to others. There are over 100 different strains of this virus so it is almost positive that you will come into contact with it at another time in your life. If you decide to have sex again (and you will, with someone that truly loves you) be sure to wear a condom and make sure that your friends do too.

My doctors gave me a false diagnosis at first and I was so mad! I realized that even they did not know the latest findings and studies about this virus. You may hear conflicting info about HPV but do your research and keep talking on this board. It really helps. Remember, only those people that are uneducated about STD's think that they are only at risk if they are promiscious or "dirty". That is simple ignorance so don't jump over the bridge with that train on thought. It is wrong. You are not dirty but what happened to you in totally wrong. Do not let that guy get the best of you, he has already given you more than you can handle. Don't let him steal your light and beauty, he does not deserve that. Fight back by gaining strength. I know it is hard but you will make it through. It is nice to have a family that supports you as well, you need a lot of support right now. Don't worry.

And on a side note, I have a beautiful and loving boyfriend that knows about my HPV and he does not care one bit. So there you go, you are going to be fine. Let us know how the tests go and GOOd luck!

CBU

Old 11-23-2005, 02:55 AM   #4
(female)

I_love_lucy HB User

I agree...do some research on HPV...there are many strains of it. It is unfortunate that you were taken advantage of...something like this can make you grow up very fast. You will prevail...it's not a death sentence. Let us know what the doctor says and how you are doing.

You are right your opinion does change about something when it happens to you. Anyone can contract an STI or STD...just educate and protect yourself. I personally know 2 people that have HPV and both have gotten treatment and are doing well.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:08 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twhite
After your appointment come back here and let us know what kind of HPV you are diagnosed with. It all depends on what kind of HPV you have, but some are treatable. God Bless!
ALL HPV is treatable but their is no cure for it so that statement is misleading. Also I don't think God resolved your HPV for you. All that happened was that you were treated successfully and have had no further reoccurence.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:29 AM   #6
(female)

lalu2005 HB User

hi checkout -general sexual health -genital warts -lalu2005
Ive got same problem -
checkout my posting and all the replies.
the new partner ive been with thinks ew! aswel but its not my fault i havnt been round the block and i think i got it from an ex i was with for 7yrs.
u should get regular 6 month/yearly smears.
checkout my posting and replies and let me know what u think.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:21 AM   #7
(female)

lalu2005 HB User
hi i have this and it wasnt my fault either. ive only had one mild outbreak in 10 years. checkout sexually transmitted diseases- genital warts - lalu 2005
see my posting and all the replies.
my advice to u is:
1.go to yre local sexual health clinic at yre local hospital for a checkup.
they will examine u and give u treatment.
2.secondly get a smear which the clinic will do at the same time if u dont have yre period.
3. there r free help lines - u can ask all the questions u like - sexual health free helpline
[ deleted ] also the sexual health clinic have nurses u can talk to on telephone or go and see.
take care and i totally sympathize with u but the myths r wrong cause i havnt been round the block either. take care

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-25-2005 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Off-board contact info of any kind of not allowed.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:11 AM   #8
(female)

twhite HB User

Well I just think you continue to pray like I did, you will be fine. I dont' think I made a misleading statement to that young lady. Everybody's body takes things differently so I can only tell her about my experience and what I have been told or heard. Also to let her know that this board is for comforting if she needs to talk to someone, because I know that it was very hard for her to tell her mother, Because theres a whole lot of people that can't turn to family or friends for comfort.

Old 11-24-2005, 03:37 AM   #9
(female)

hanni613 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu82
ALL HPV is treatable but their is no cure for it so that statement is misleading. Also I don't think God resolved your HPV for you. All that happened was that you were treated successfully and have had no further reoccurence.
No one said that God resolved anyone's HPV. Come on be nice people....

ANYWAY...back HPV I got diagnosed with it in 2000 I was 20 and I have absolutely no idea who I got it from. I had about 10 warts around the opening of my vagina and they froze or burned them off with some acid type stuff and then they gave me a prescrition for condolox (sp?) in case any came back so I could treat them myself.

Oddly enough the guy I was with at the time never got any warts. Maybe he had it and was unsymptomatic and gave it to me (we didn't use protection until I got diagnosed), maybe I gave it to him and he just never broke out, or maybe he just never got it at all.

I was wartfree until like a week ago, I have four tiny ones and have an appointment to get them taken care of and all my paps have been normal so far. I was with the same guy for 3 years and got married he knew about the HPV and he didn't care and he never broke out. We used condoms until we got married and then never used one again.

I tend to tell most of my friends, guys and girls about it just to educate them on it just because it is so prevalent. They never told me what strain I had...what kind of test do they do for that? I'm curious, but I assume that since I broke out I don't have the kind that causes cancer? Is that right?

Old 11-24-2005, 06:24 AM   #10
(female)

twhite HB User

Hi Hanni,

I dont know much about warts, but when I got HPV I didn't even know that I had it. I got back one abnomal pap in 03' and then they told me that I need to have a colposcopy, then after that I had to have the LEEP procedure, because they told me I still had some precancerous cells that had to be removed. After that they told me I need to have the CKC done, and I was sooo scared I thought I was going to die. So after having the colpo I see HPV on my copy of my doctors visit sheet, and Im like what is HPV he didnt explain that to me, so I did my research after a while and found out what it was. I dont know why some doctors just dont explain important things to you. I mean your a doctor for god saks! Well after all of the above I went through I've been having negative paps every since, and I seen on my copy of the visit sheets that the HPV had been resolved, so I dont know if he lied to me or not, but I was on the cervical cancer board and one person told me once you get it, it stays in your body forever. Now if this doctor of mine lied Im definitely going to sue, because your giving patients false info. Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanni613
No one said that God resolved anyone's HPV. Come on be nice people....

ANYWAY...back HPV I got diagnosed with it in 2000 I was 20 and I have absolutely no idea who I got it from. I had about 10 warts around the opening of my vagina and they froze or burned them off with some acid type stuff and then they gave me a prescrition for condolox (sp?) in case any came back so I could treat them myself.

Oddly enough the guy I was with at the time never got any warts. Maybe he had it and was unsymptomatic and gave it to me (we didn't use protection until I got diagnosed), maybe I gave it to him and he just never broke out, or maybe he just never got it at all.

I was wartfree until like a week ago, I have four tiny ones and have an appointment to get them taken care of and all my paps have been normal so far. I was with the same guy for 3 years and got married he knew about the HPV and he didn't care and he never broke out. We used condoms until we got married and then never used one again.

I tend to tell most of my friends, guys and girls about it just to educate them on it just because it is so prevalent. They never told me what strain I had...what kind of test do they do for that? I'm curious, but I assume that since I broke out I don't have the kind that causes cancer? Is that right?

Old 11-25-2005, 05:07 AM   #11
(female)

I_love_lucy HB User

Yes, it is an STI that is for a life time..you may never have another outbreak, but the virus will always be there. My daughter was diagnosed w/HPV ablut 4 years ago...got it from her husband..she had like 3 or 4 warts...they were removed. She is now divorced and w/ someone else for the past 3 years. she has never had another out break, but she does have papsmears every 6 months and check-ups.

She did have a problem w/precancerous cells and had a procedure where they did freeze that area...that was over 3 years ago.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:28 PM   #12
(female)

Dry_your_eyes41 HB User

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE! it has been a great help! && Twhite, i do beleive God can resolve problems i am a reliogous (sp*) person. But i have another Q or two. Now i would like to clear this up... If i get treated and my warts go away will i ever be able to have sex with out infected my parnter?and abother thing, i am trying to stay healthy, but , well since this whole ordeal i have pick uo a horrable habbit of smoking to calm dwn and not have a mentel breakidwon..now i was told not to because it can increase the risk of cancer, but will it also make it harder to get rid of the warts..or no ?

Closed Thread