It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
(female)

LinziLoo HB User
Re: ... HPV...can anyone help?

Hello,
Well...I had my yearly pap done and got back "abnormal pap" results.
Apperantly that means I have some sort of HPV.( But does anyone know if that is always what "abnormal pap" means?) I am going for a colposcopy.And this will determine weather or not I have to have any canerous cells that need to be removed. Anyways.. I am deeply upset about this..and am scared of warts ...do you always get warts with HPV? I read this post that someone left and they said they had to have a CKC done..does anyone know what that means?
Is there anyone who has been in my shoes that is reading this? I am so distraut over this whole situation......I feel like breaking down..any advice...

Old 12-29-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
(female)

Lvnglf HB User

Linziloo,

There are many types of HPV. Some causes warts on fingers (completely different area of the body, but still an HPV type.), some causes vaginal warts, some have been linked with cervical dysplasia.

I sure don't blame you for being upset. I don't blame you for feeling distraut.

HPV does not mean you are going to "get" warts. It doesn't mean you going to need any procedures. It simply means you have been exposed to it. Your immune system (eat well, don't smoke ect.) plays a very important role here. And which type of HPV you have also makes a big difference.

Don't worry yourself about too much about what type you have. Just follow up on your pap smear appointments, keep up your immune system, safe sex and few partners, and,,,,,HPV, no worry

Hope this brings comfort to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
(female)

LinziLoo HB User

Lvnglf :

Thank you so much for your reply. I actually started smoking (again) about 2 weeks ago and decided that today was my last ciggerette. Luckily I have never smoked for very long periods of time..a month or two here and there...so quitting wont be hard...I know they arent good in general but now that I have found out about this..even more of a reason to never smoke again. I just hope that the past 2 weeks I have been smoking hasnt done anymore major damage or anything.
I also do plan on eating healthier..because I really don't...I am thinking more salads...fruits..what do you reccomend?
Anywho... I read up alot on HPV and have really been feeling better about everything after reading that most people get an HPV at some point in there life.
Thanks again so very much.

Old 12-30-2005, 09:42 PM   #4
(female)

MzPrincessReina HB User
Re: HPV...can anyone help?

a year ago my pap was also abnormal just like yours I had HPV, they went in to see and everything. And told me to wait, a year later I got my pap, there was nothing at all, it had cleared itself all up. Most cases will go away on there own.

Old 12-31-2005, 08:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

I too had an abnormal pap smear and had to have a LEEP procedure done...not fun but necessary. My pap result was a CIN 3 which is just under being cancerous. I was also told that this indicates that I would have HPV. I think my doctor said that before I freak out that 7 in 10 people have this and most have not idea they do with no symptoms. I know so many people that have had to have the LEEP done and none of these people that I know of are aware of anything to do with HPV. Is this always the case...do you have to have HPV if you have this precancerous stage of the cervix? I have never had any kind of vaginal wart but I did have warts as a child on other parts of my body?????

Old 01-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

I have HPV. I had cervical dysplasia in my early 20's and had a colposcopy and had it removed. The cells were precancerous but no cancer. I had a repeat procedure as it didn't get it all and after the second procedure I have had none on my cervix again and I am 33 years old.

I have had outbreaks of warts inside the vaginal area and the outside a bit only a couple of times, and they were while I was pg 2x. My OBGYN said it was from the fluctuating hormones that caused the outbreaks. She put me on Metrogel and it totally took it all away both times.

I get my yearly on time every year and never have any problems.

The best thing to do is see your OBGYN on a regular basis and have your yearly check up. If you ever notice a foul smell than you should call your OB and get a check up.

HPV is not a death sentance and easy to take care of if you stay healthy. It really hasn't been a pain to me and I have lived with it over 13 years.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
(female)

Lvnglf HB User

" I have never had any kind of vaginal wart but I did have warts as a child on other parts of my body?????"

It's two different "things". Those warts as a child, will NOT haunt you in the future as far as in your "private parts".

"Is this always the case...do you have to have HPV if you have this precancerous stage of the cervix?"

It has been proven to be a strong link. I'd describe it as water to a rusting car. Other factors play certain roles. Hoping this makes sense.

Closed Thread