It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
(male)

yellowex HB User
Exclamation serious hpv ?

okay ive been with 2 girls.. the first was person i dated for a year and she had been with 2 people prior. then i started datin this girl recently who has been with me and another person. she had abnromal pap smear and all that. and the doctor says its low but she has the bumps. she is now takin the cream. i am curious to know if i dont have bumps and she gets rid of hers is it ever gonna be okay to have unprotected sex? or will she keep gettin the bumps even if they go away after the the cream clears them.. or what if i had bumps and i got rid of them and so did she, will we get them again if we have unprotected sex. i just want to know is there any way to have unprotected sex again.

Last edited by yellowex; 01-14-2006 at 12:50 PM.

Old 01-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #2
(male)

yellowex HB User
Re: serious hpv ?

come on anyone out there have some info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User
Re: serious hpv ?

If your girlfriend has an abnormal pap and external warts she has both the high risk and the low risk forms of hpv. She needs to keep on top of her paps and get treatment if need be for that. The cream will only help the external warts. You have been exposed to it already (you may have even given it to her; there's no telling who gave it to who) and as long as you are only with each other you won't pass it back and forth. Once you have you have it. You may never show symptoms, or you may show symptoms days, months or even years later. Unfortunately condoms don't prevent hpv because it is a skin to skin virus and there are parts of you that are not covered by a condom. She may get them back after treatment or she may not ever have another outbreak. But there are plenty of other std's that condoms do prevent (as well as pregnancy) so you may want to think about that. Hope I was able to answer your questions. If there is anything else you need I'll try to help.

Closed Thread