It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

milly123 HB User
hpv and dating

hey i was wondering so has anyone had sex with someone who has hpv? and not cared to catch it?...or vice versa.. i need really good educated answers from mature people..i have a boyfriend thet wont sleep with me due to my virus..we have been together only 4 months but atleast we are still dating.. i kno he cares about me cause he is still by my side.. but he just doesn't want to sleep with me,,,, catch it and then we brake up... he wants to be sure we gonna be together for years and years... so any advice or similar stories please share freely!!!!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
(female)

carroc HB User
Re: hpv and dating

Dear Friend,

I was in the exact situation as your boyfriend about 10 years ago and I took the plung, married my husband and to this date I don't have the virus. I can understand his trepidation, but if you are real careful he won't contract it....at least I didn't and its been ten years. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

milly, how old is your boyfriend and how sexually active was he before you. There's a big chance that he has it already and doesn't even know it. It infects something like 7 in 10 adults! Most people haven't the slightest idea that they have hpv unless they actually have a wort symptom. My doctor told me I had it because I had a CINIII pap test and said that hpv is the cause of cervical cancer. I have never been tested and I'm not in the least bit worried about it..I was married for years and neither of us had a symptom. I can only assume my doctor knows what he's talking about and I do have it since I had that precancerous pap test result. I was kind of taken aback by it when he told me but almost every other woman I talked to has had a LEEP done or at least has a friend or sister or mother that has...it's just so common!

Last edited by keepsgoin; 03-04-2006 at 11:40 AM.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #4
(female)

nightangel73 HB User

I have the hpv and none of the bf's i have after I was diagnosed had cared about me having the virus. I don't have the wart type thought. I reckon that if i guy tells me has the wart type I won't sleep with him until I made sure it's really serious. Having warts scares me since I'm a compulsive skin picker.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #5
(female)

tinker_belle HB User

Hi,
HPV is extremely common so the poster who points out that he could already have the virus is completely correct. It is possible to have the virus and not know it unless you have an abnormal pap smear or a strain that causes warts. Personally I found out due to abnormal paps and my OB/GYN was very clear about how common this virus is.
Good luck with whatever you both decide.
J

Old 03-22-2006, 12:37 AM   #6
(male)

Jt7054 HB User

He sounds like a good guy. He just wants to be careful, but hes still with you so thats good.

For me, I found out I had it 5 years ago and since then, only 1 woman hasnt wanted to sleep with me because of it, and it was a situation I probably shouldnt have been in anyways (didnt know each other very long before getting physical).

Like its been said, the majority of people already have it anyway. Several of the women Ive told just turned right around and said, yeah, Ive already had that.

Closed Thread