It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
(female)

schecid_jr HB User
CIN III HPV Negative

WOW I'm so happy I found this place... I'm really confused/worried..! I just had a call from my Dr. my pap was abnormal, it showed CIN III HPV negative.... I'm scheduled to have a colposcopy done on the 27th this month... and well I've seen tons of them (I work with GYN doctors) so I'm not really afraid of it, although every single colpo I went in I prayed to God I didn't have to go thru it.... the thing I'm afraid of is that the Gyn I work with said when you get a CIN III pap... you should not have a colpo... instead you should immediatly get a Leep.... that I'm really afraid of.... but my main concern is that I'm only 23... newly wed.... and want to have kids.... they say is not going to affect, but still... you get worried right...!? any advise... anyone know what can cause CIN III other than HPV?
thanks for your help!

Old 03-08-2006, 05:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Backinthesaddle HB User
Re: CIN III HPV Negative

Odd isn't it? I just got my follow up pap/ecc results and it said the same thing. I had a cone done in November for Adenocarcinoma n situ and then was HPV+. The oncologist said that it sometimes is active and other times not and with AIS or CIN you had it at one time. In your case as you are so young I would have a cone biopsy done. Not sure if a Leep is as good. I would then start planning a family. Talk to your gyn and see if he will send you to a gyn/oncl to talk about the findings. CIN111 is severe dysplasia and can remain that way for a pretty good while until it becomes invasive as I am told. However with my AIS history which was found post pg pap I am having a modified radical hysterectomy on Monday. I am 42.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
(female)

schecid_jr HB User

Thank you very much for the advise... it really helps knowing that there's a lot of people out there to share stories, and advise.... Good luck on Monday, I really hope everything turns out ok..... and yes I'll talk to my gyn.... whom I'm meeting until the 27th, my family doctor was the one that did the pap.! I guess that may be the reason I'm so confused, I just got a phone call with the results, and then one more letting me know that I was scheduled to have a colposcopy.!

Old 03-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Backinthesaddle HB User

I think a colposcopy is standard before a Leep or Cone. I would make sure to be dealing with a GYN/Onc if the colp reveals CIN111. If you don't know I will tell you a colp hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My gyn did not see any visable leisons and thought I would be OK when this started. But the pathology report will tell.

Thanks I am hoping and praying that Monday goes by smoothly and that they it all remained in the tissue and not anyplace else. It is amazing how ones mind can go wild once the C word is mentioned.

Closed Thread