It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
(female)

questiongirl HB User
Exclamation Please help. Need Hpv Advice!

Hi there.
So...here's the deal. I am a very sexually active woman and HAVE had unprotected sex in the past 6 mos with my long term bf. I have my anual in a few days and am scared ******** that I might have hpv or worse, developed warts. Please help me figure this out and go into my appointment with confidence.

I have started to develop small bumps on my vulva and one on the rim of my anus. They are very very small and are increasing every few days. They resemble skin tabs that are raised, hard and are more or less white in color. Almost like small calcium deposits. They do not look like normal warts as i have one on my thumb to reference. These are much smaller, compact and smooth. I started with one about two weeks ago and now there are about 5. Two set alone and three super small ones in a cluster(these are the newest ones).
I have not had alot of luck finding pictures of hpv in the early stages on the internet. I have an appointment in a 10 days to bee seen and tested but I am trying to get some advice before I go in.

Does anyone know what they look like in the early stages?
How quickly do they generally spread out and grow? Is there a cure? A forever cure? Treatment options that worked for people?
How often do breakouts generally occur?
What were the results of some of your treatments? Sucessful?

Any and ALL advice, stories or similar scenarios are very helpful. I don't want to be feel humiliated.

I really appreciate and and all responses....

Last edited by questiongirl; 03-14-2006 at 11:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2006, 12:20 AM   #2
(male)

Jt7054 HB User
Re: Need Hpv Advice!

Hmm... that sounds like it might be HPV, but only a doc can tell for sure and you already have the appt, which is good.

If you do have it, its definitely not the end of the world. Theres several treatments and if you have several warts, the doctor will probably use something to chemically burn or freeze them off. I had 1 small one on the side of my penis and had it surgically removed (yup, I had it cut out). Definitely not the way I want to spend an afternoon ever again .

Theres not a "forever" treatment, but the majority of people get through the initial outbreak and never have a problem again. I had mine removed 5 years ago and havent had once since.

Some doctors say that the body eventually either rids itself of the virus or gets it to a point that its dormant and not contagious anymore, but opinions differ on that.

Personally, I always use condoms, but Ive been with several women since I found out I had it and none have developed any issues that Im aware of.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
(female)

questiongirl HB User
Post Re: Need Hpv Advice!

Thanks so much for the response. I did go to the doctor and it was indeed a strain of hpv. I only had a few small bumps so the doc said I should be cool. I just hope they stay away forever. Fortunatley I did educate myself very well before going in so it was not nearly as devastating as it is for some people. Another question for you though if you see my post....
How do women react when you tell them about it? Do you tell them every time? This is going to be the hard part for me. I am way too honest a person to blow it off. Thanks again for the response and I hope to hear back again.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
(female)

Quirk HB User
Re: Need Hpv Advice!

well as you've already found out, those definitely sound like warts, unfortunately...... when i found mine for the first time, i was convinced there was no possible way they could be what they were, but alas...... and as you'll discover, it is not the end of the world. they are literally just warts. even though they sound gross and are transferrable, it's not like herpes or something that is painful to deal with (that's what i had to keep telling myself!!!)

i was prescribed aldara cream, which worked wonders but itched like craaazy. warts are an immune system response, so if you stay healthy, they should stay away. of course, there are instances where it's probably not as easy as this, but when i was diagnosed, i started exercising regularly, taking vitamins regularly, and eating much better (including much more anitoxidants), and with the aldara cream (which also works by stopping this immune response) my warts cleared up in just a few short weeks. the little tiny ones were gone within 2-4 weeks, and the bigger one took about 6-7 weeks, and i've heard they can take as long as 6 months to clear!

so bottom line- stay healthy!!!! my boyfriend at the time chose to stay with me, and we waited until they were cleared to have sex again. we've had unprotected sex numerous times in our relationship, and he still has yet to complain of any warts, though it's highly likely he has hpv. as far as any "forever" cures, i've heard that your body will eventually rid itself of the strain, but i'm pretty sure this is not the case. i think your body always has the strain, but doesn't ever show itself until your immune system gets lowered. hope this information helps

Closed Thread