It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
(male)

redeem HB User
hpv vs. molluscum

I have posted other threads but they dont seem to be getting any responses. I have been diagnosed with molluscum a couple years ago and I thought they were pretty much gone. However, a few days ago I had several bumps pop up out of nowhere. I went to the drs office I normally go to and she said it was most likely molluscum again. My worry is that it is hpv. She said they didnt look like warts but I was told warts and molluscum look alike. Theyre pretty small so I cant see the tell tale dimple usually associated with molluscum. Is there other differences betweetn hpv and molluscum?

Old 03-23-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: hpv vs. molluscum

genital warts look like tiny cauliflowers. molluscum do not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
(male)

redeem HB User

Do they always look like that? Ive read that warts can be single bumps too.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #4
(male)

ld3340 HB User

The molluscum I had were about an inch and a half apart and were single bumps. My doctor got rid of them with an electric burner- tip got red hot and he stuck it in them. they scabbed up and by a week disappeared. There were some he missed, so tool man me found a wire and a lighter and finished em off. Of course they were in the worst places!!! but it worked. The other warts you are speaking of can be a single or a cauliflower shape. Remember to keep an eye on it, and pay close attention to color and shape change. If you are concerned, a visit to a med center could ease your mind, and they could do a biopsy on it to rule out Melanoma.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:26 AM   #5
(female)

alonemom HB User

redeem, Are you sure all of the molluscum were gone when you had another big outbreak? Is it possible there was one hidden and went unnoticed for a couple years. Had you been with the same girl for the 2 years?
I know this is an old thread, but I'll still answer the hpv question for others with molluscum, it most likely sounds like you just have molluscum, I too have freaked out thinking that certain bumps look different than my other bumps. I have asked my derm again and again, are sure that it is molluscum and nothing else? I think once you realize you can get an std this easily, you wonder if you have every std under the sun, but actually this doesn't have to be an std, my boyfriend didn't and doesn't have it, so I have no clue where I got it.

If you're still out there, thanks in advance!

Closed Thread