It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
(female)

sweetgirl55 HB User
Confused about HPV

Hey Everyone,

I am totally freaking out about HPV!!! My parents do not know that I am sexually active and I really would prefer if they did not find out. I haven't gotten tested for any STDs because I am scared of what I might have. I have a feeling that it might be HPV becuase of the symptoms I have. I have a few questions. I know that liquid nitrogen is supposed to get rid of the warts, is it an expensive procedure? I want to get everything all cleared up without my parents knowing. I would just typically go to my doctor and get the procedure done but my parents get my insurance bill and I dont want them to know. HELP ME please!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
(female)

MzPrincessReina HB User
Re: Confused about HPV

I think that the only way might be getting your own insurance, because treatment like that is going to cost money, or you can try going to planned parenthood maybe they will do it for free or less cost. Or try calling a std hotline maybe they know other places.

Last edited by MzPrincessReina; 04-17-2006 at 11:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 02:31 AM   #3
(female)

cheer up HB User

Dear SweetGirl -

Check your yellow pages or computer for local "free clinics" or Women's Clinics in your area. They will likely deal with your concerns and, if necessary, treat you at no cost or very low cost, like a small donation. YOur parents should not have to be notified.

Don't delay in doing this. Your health is at stake and you should have a visual exam plus a PAP smear to see if you might have the specific virus that causes cervical warts, which are flat and over time might cause cancer. There are many types of genital warts, unfortunately.

But don't panic -- all treatments are easy and quick and only slightly uncomfortable for a very brief time. You won't need to change your daily routine at all. Even if the cervix is involved they can do cryotherapy on it (freezing). You will be FINE!

The time to do this is now -- don't wait. You might not even have what you think you have so best to find out right away and stop worrying. This is a real wake-up call for you whether or not you have HPV or something else. As you get older you will find these problems don't go away. Unfortunately sexual health is a huge issue in today's world and we all need to be VERY careful, at all ages.

Good luck to you; let us know how it turns out!

Old 04-19-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
(female)

lauralu2000 HB User

If this is what you have. and if you wait..they can spread...all over your genitals and to your rectum ect. I know someone who waited and she had alot of problems you don't want to know about. I guess if it were me. I would rather get treated the quickest way and worry about what my parents are going to say later. You are risking alot by waiting. I would think you could make an appt where you usually go under your parents health insurance. Talk to the dr and maybe he/she can help you talk with your parents. As a mom myself I would want my daughter healthy for the future than find out she kept it from me and got sicker because she was afraid.

Good Luck and I hope everything goes well for you.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:33 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lovethoscurls HB User

Lauralu is right. HPV in some forms can cause dysplasia which can lead to cervical cancer. If you can't find a clinic you need to get to the doctor. I'm sure your parents would rather know you are sexually active and healthy then to not know.

Closed Thread