It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Acting_up HB User
hpv, hsv1, hsv2?

whats the diff in hpv, hsv1, hsv2 or etc... i dont know if its even the same thing.. i just found out 1 of my friends girl friend (both female friends) that she has hpv? is that anything to do with herpes? if so what are the diff types of lettering "hpv, hsv1, hsv2" thats out thier for diff types? I hope i didnt confuse any1.. i just fig i posted it up to fig out the diff in types and levels of the type...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User
Re: hpv, hsv1, hsv2?

hpv can be associated with genital warts and can cause cervical cancer...no it has nothing to do with herpes (hsv1 or 2). Many more people have hpv than herpes, my gyno said 7 out of 10 people have hpv. As I understand there is no test for men for hpv. Personally I don't even think about hpv as almost everyone sexually active has it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Acting_up HB User

oh because the girl said that as long as she isnt stressed that wont cause it to be active.. then it could be spred or something like that. it isnt curable right? if not then why isnt it up top with herpes.. and is the 7 out of 10 more then the % of ppl haveing herpes?

Old 04-20-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

It sounds as if your friend is confused...stressing out causes HSV OBs, not hpv...I think unless you have genital warts, you wouldn't know that you have it and I don't believe stress causes warts. Just search for hpv, you'll find plenty information on it. 1 in 4 people are estimated to have genital herpes...around 80% have oral herpes. Genital herpes can be either 1 or 2.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Acting_up HB User

idk.. she said that the girls doctor told her that not to be stressed etc.. i do know she has cervical cancer and she just found out yesterday. and then my friend said she seen pic's of it and it looked nasty.. im assuming she would or has both warts and hpv? No out breaks happened being she just found out about it but this is what i was told. so more ppl would have oral herpes then genital herpes?

Old 04-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acting_up
so more ppl would have oral herpes then genital herpes?
You do know that oral herpes is what's commonly refered to as cold sores or fever blisters don't you? I mean almost everyone I know gets fever blisters. I hope that you also know that cold sores can be spread to your sexual partner having oral sex with them thus giving them genital herpes.

My Gyno told me that if you have cervical cancer, you do have hpv. He claimed it's the only cancer that they actually know it's cause. That doesn't mean that if you hav hpv that you for sure will get cervical cancer.

Last edited by keepsgoin; 04-20-2006 at 05:35 PM.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:19 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Acting_up HB User

You do know that oral herpes is what's commonly refered to as cold sores or fever blisters don't you?

wow... you know what.. i never knew that.. i always thought when ppl say that if some1 has a cold sore etc.. had to do with like haveing a sore/blister but it was due to the cold.. like another version of haveing a cold or something.. i never knew that.... now that I think about it.. i do recall sleeping with a female that had a cold sore on her face like 2/3 years ago.. i didnt think nothing of it at all!!! Why must the name be diff then what it is... wow.. i mean shoot!!! if I would of known that I dont think i would of slept with her.. this is very disappointing to me right now :0(

Old 04-22-2006, 07:36 AM   #8
(female)

RiAnne HB User

Acting_up-

it's not much to think of. cold sores and fever blisters really aren't that big a deal. it's just the actual NAME of what it really is that scares people. you can get a cold sore out of what seems like no where, you don't have to sleep with someone to get it. it got a cold sore for the 1st time when i was 7 years old.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Acting_up HB User

ok so wait what am I to think now.. from what im reading im getting 2 diff answers. so is it something to worry about or is it not?

Old 04-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

I'm not sure what you mean but I know that a lot of people...most people in fact...have cold sores (hsv1) and they have no idea that they can give someone genital herpes if they have oral sex with them. It isn't any less of a genital herpes than if you have hsv2...genital herpes is genital herpes. Some say if you have hsv1 genitally that the OBs won't be as severe but I believe that is not accurate. The last video I watched with two expert doctors talking about herpes said that they are beginning to not even make a distinction between whether or not it's 1 or 2 in the genital area...they are just now calling it genital herpes...period. It really doesn't matter, if you have herpes OBs in the genital area, it's considered genital herpes whether you got it from oral sex or intercourse. So yes...having cold sores is a big deal if you participate in oral sex which I think most of us do these days.

Last edited by keepsgoin; 04-23-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:28 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Acting_up HB User

well i know im not big on oral but i def know i didnt do anything oral with her.. not to mention we didnt even kiss but i do recall seeing 1 cold sore on her face.. more like on jaw / cheek area

Closed Thread