It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 05:05 PM   #1

Becbec71 HB User
Cervial Cancer HPV question

OK I had a bad pap 6 weeks ago. Showed mild went a month later for a colposcopy and it showed mod-severe. I went for my LEEP today. Had a bad reaction to the amount of lido. Now I sit and wait. But when the results form the colpo came back I asked them if it was HPV and they told me my results did not idnicate HPV and it is just something my body is doing. From everything I have read and hear it has to be HPV right? I am 34 and know to practice safe sex but my ex husband cheated on me 2 years ago. THe reason (1 of many) he is my ex. I guess I am confused over the corelation of HPV and cervicle cancer.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
Re: Cervial Cancer HPV question

I was sent to the gyn by my primary care doctor because my cervix looked like something was wrong. She did a colposcopy/biopsies and they showed abnormal cells. After 6 months she did more biopsies, a pap and an HPV test.
The Pap and the HPV tests came back negative, but the cervix still showed abnormal cells. I had a third colposcopy/biopsies, Pap and HPV test.......
this time they all came back negative, so the abnormal cells took care of themselves. I was told HPV was the cause of most of the abonormal cells, but people without HPV can also get them. They keep a closer watch on the patients with HPV because it increases the chances of cervical cancer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2006, 05:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

What was your reaction to the lido?

You're correct that almost all dysplasia is caused by HPV.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #4
(female)

Lvnglf HB User

To my knowledge, your body can repress, keep "at bay" this "thing" for many, many years. Sometimes only once your immune system is depressed will it progress to a "bad" smear or worst. Have you been stressed within the past year or so, how's your diet ect.

It's not for sure you can always blame std for bad cells. Std would of shown you had HPV. Cells work in "mysterious" ways. As i'm sure you are aware, there are over 100 different types of HPV.

HPV is confusing, since their are so many variants/different types. Some causes the common warts on fingers, only about 7-14 of all variants are known to lead to cervical cancer if left untreated.

Hoping this find you well.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #5

Becbec71 HB User

I have been under alot of stress the past 2 years, going threw a divorce, trying to raise 2 kids with no support system. My diet isnt the best but I am working on it. I smoke too. I know I need to quit. The HPV came back as negative. I did have warts on my hadns as a very young child, around age 10 or so.

They had to use alot of lido to numb me, so much that I started to hyperventilate, shake uncontrolably, and my head flet wierd. It felt like I had been overdose on epi. I went bak to work then next day and even did alot of spring cleaning this weekend but today I feel like poop. I am crampy and my lower back aches. I have had increased watery discharge today too. I worked today but have been pretty much just taking it easy tonight. If I am still having issues when the DR calls with my results Wed or Thursday I am going to ask about it.

Closed Thread