It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
(female)

fluttergrl HB User
Unhappy Hpv and me

I am glad I found this site. It has eased a lot of my fears. I went in for a yearly pap in the beginning of Feb. I was called back and told I had adnormal cells and tested positive for hpv. My Dr told me that I was lucky that I had caught it just in the beginning. So I finally get in for a copo in mid April. The Dr tells me while he is doing it that he doesn't think there is anything to worry about and to schedule a 3 month appt. Then I get another call 2 weeks later telling me to come in to discuss the results. Apperantly my dysplasia is moderate. It seems that it happened incredibly fast. Much faster then what I have been reading about. So my leep is scheduled for this Friday. The only person in my life that knows in my mom. I'm 26 and had been in what I thought was a monogomous relationship for almost 10 years up until last year. He was cheating on me with at least 2 other girls. Luckily I always used a condom with him. Since then I have always used one. The Dr told me that using condoms doesn't always prevent it. I am curious if anyone out there has gotten rid of their hpv after having a leep or two. Also how much cervix is too much. My Dr isn't good at calming my fears. My gyno was great but now I am under another Drs care and he isn't as great as she is. I really want to have kids someday and I am worried that this is going to effect it. Also is there anyone out there that has just had one leep and been fine after that? What about donating blood to the red cross with hpv? I am nervous about Friday not about the pain just about what it might do to my future of child bearing. I have gotten great info from this site but I think I need just a little more to ease my fears. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
(female)

Mamasita_of_3 HB User
Re: Hpv and me

Just to ease your fears a little, Im also 26 and was married for 10 yrs. I also found out he had cheated on me a few times and discovered that I had HPV. I stayed with him and try to make it work for us and our 2 kids. I got prego again with no problems and found out he had cheated once again so I left him when I was 3 months prego and still had a healthy full term baby. Also you can not get rid of HPV it can lay low for yrs but you cant get rid of it.

David Anthony 4/16/98
Skye Lyn 5/13/01
Faith Lyn 3/20/06

Old 05-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
(female)

fluttergrl HB User

Thanks for your advice Mamasita. Damn the cheaters! I hope that you have found someone much better. The countdown to my first and hopefully only leep begins now. 12 hours to go. Wish me luck. I'm taking my mom with me and we are going to ask to talk to the Dr before the procedure to answer some of our questions. Then let the leep begin. And the waiting. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks

Old 05-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #4
(female)

freesoul HB User

Good luck with your LEEP.Hope everything goes well for you.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
(female)

TLValiant HB User

I understand being scared. About 6 yrs ago I was diagnosed with HPV. I was terrified because I never heard about this before. I ended up having 5 abnomal pap smears and several colposcopys. They are right about most women having it clear up. I have been two years clear, having three normal paps. I just wanted to let you know because there is hope. Good luck on you LEEP.

Terry

Old 05-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #6
(female)

angelique5 HB User

HPV is a virus, so it's in your body, not just sitting at the site of the dysplasia. So, the LEEP isn't to remove the virus, its to remove those abnormal cells before they become cancerous. Some people's immune systems can kill off the virus, and it can go away with time, but some can't.

I discovered I had cervical dysplasia at the end of 2000, and mine progressed quickly too... mine went from CIN II to CIN III within 3 mos, even though my doctor was adament it would take "10 years" to progress to the next stage ::rollseyes:: I had the LEEP in 2001.

Since then, I still have pap's twice a year... and just a few months ago, I got a formal letter stating that the HPV test is still positive...so that's at least 6 years... I figure it's not going away, so, I just go for those paps twice a year still...

Old 05-14-2006, 07:40 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelique5
mine went from CIN II to CIN III within 3 mos
Yeah, mine went from CIN I to CIN III in only 4 months despite the fact that it's supposed to take 10 years. Ugh.

Old 05-14-2006, 08:43 PM   #8
(female)

ilovesporty HB User

How did we all get so lucky! I went from NORMAL to stage 1 cancer in just a year.

Closed Thread