It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
(male)

davidll1974 HB User
HPV low risk type

Hi all,

My little daughter has just been diagnoised of having HPV (low risk types). The doctor said it is very common among women, but it is mostly transmitted by sexual activities.

However, my daughter and her husband both swear that each of them is the only sex partner of the other...then how possible could she caught with this disease??

Any clue??

Old 05-20-2006, 06:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: HPV low risk type

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidll1974
The doctor said it is very common among women, but it is mostly transmitted by sexual activities
The CDC web site says HPV is "a group of viruses that includes more than 100 different strains or types. More than 30 of these viruses are sexually transmitted". Consistant info about ALL strains of HPV is very hard to come by because you read about it mostly in regards to genital warts and it's always called an STD, which completely overlooks, for example, children with warts on their hands or feet. My point, HPV can be transmitted by other forms of contact than just sex. Now if she also had a case of genital warts, then I'd say someone was messing around, but since it IS possible to get warts on other parts of your body w/o any sexual contact, it stands to reason that you can therefore also get the non-wart strains of HPV that way to, so is not to be assumed that's how she or her husband got it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
(male)

davidll1974 HB User

Thanks Thisby.

The fact is my daughter went to have yearly female check out including Pap Smear. And the Pap smear sample indicate a atypical tissue, which lead the doctor to add addtional test of HPV.

AS a result, low risk type of HPV has been detected. But there is no gential wart or what-so-ever found on the genital area itself. Or should such atypical issue be considered as genital wart???

My daughter also indicated that she didn mess around at all and she also has 100% faith on her husband...well, actually I do trust this son-in-law as well.....

Another question is, is there going to be a ping-pong effect on this virus? For example, lets say my daughter get well in a few months, but since I believe her husband should have already got it(they have been trying to have baby), will her husband transmit the same thing back to her after she recovered...and this process loop and loop?

Comment?

Last edited by davidll1974; 05-20-2006 at 08:34 PM.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cocoeyes HB User

You can't really blame each other when you catch the HPV disease because it can stay asleep until something triggers for it to show symptoms. EX: Stress, pregnancy, hormones.

One of them could have caught it wayyyy before starting a relationship with each other and never got any symptoms just like herpes. Make sure you ask every single question you have with your doctor or do some research on HPV. It's such a confusing disease that folks try to brush under the rug.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:19 PM   #5
(female)

LadyShriver1 HB User

As someone who had (has) HPV I can tell you that neither one is necessarily messing around. Although it can transmitted in other ways, in many cases HPV can lie dormant. a Pap tests for atypical cells...that means that she would be having an "outbreak" (in this case of the virus that causes cell displaysia, not warts themselves) which they caught. It's fairly treatable, but she needs to get it taken care of, because it can lead to cervical cancer if untreated. They should feel confident that they can trust each other in this situation...
Also...it is EXTREMELY common...my gyno told me that more than 80% of sexually active people under the age of 40 have HPV in some form or another.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:14 PM   #6
(male)

davidll1974 HB User

Thanks LadyShriver1,
My daughter's med just told her to come and recheck in 4 months time, they said the immune system will cure it most of the time.

But you comment about "neither one is necessarily messing around" put my heart, and her heart, at ease as a lot of the web site on the internet is very one-sided....almost everyone of them said HPV is a STD....

Old 05-29-2006, 02:29 AM   #7
(male)

davidll1974 HB User

Hi,
Just last question for my own curiosity, is the HPV causing causes displaysia different from that causing genital wart?

Or they were caused by the same HPV type, just different place of outbreak?

Old 05-29-2006, 05:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

As I mentioned, there are over 100 strains of HPV, 30 of them sexually transmitted. As to which types cause dysplasia, I'd suspect most of them do, inlcuding the genital wart kind. Interestingly enough, the kinds that cause genital warts are not the high-risk, cancer-causing kind.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

cocoeyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidll1974
Hi,
Just last question for my own curiosity, is the HPV causing causes displaysia different from that causing genital wart?

Or they were caused by the same HPV type, just different place of outbreak?
Yes it is. There are two types:

Warts= low type
Dysplasa= High type

Even when someone is diagnosed with HPV and the symptoms clears up (warts or abnormal cells on the cervix)... You STILL have the disease and can pass it to someone else. There is no cure for it unfortunately.

Unless you and you and your partner have it, you canít ping pong it back to each otherÖ Thatís about the only good thing about having this disease.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoeyes
Warts= low type
Dysplasa = High type
This isn't correct. You can have warts AND dysplasia so this actually doesn't make sense.
Not all dysplasia is high-risk. But genital warts are usually the low-risk type. But not all warts are genital warts. Basically, it's just not that simple.
It all depends on the exact strain whether it's a high- or lo-risk strain.

Closed Thread