It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User
New to HPV

Ok so my doc told me that I have hpv. I don't have the kind with the warts. Only the kind that causes cervical cancer. Im not sure which strain I have since there are 100 strains. He said 80% of women have hpv So what does this mean? Does anyone know which strain they have. Im guessing mine is either 16 or 18 since those ones don't cause the warts right? I told my fiance about it and he seemed very good about it. Do I have any sexual limitations now. Like with the four play and everything? I don't know too much about it and when I google it on the net it dosen't tell you much about it other then the new vaccine that prevents it. Can someone help me out with this?

Do you think they will ever find a cure for it? I hope so.

Old 06-04-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
(female)

MzPrincessReina HB User
Re: New to HPV

I have HPV, also the kind that does NOT cause warts, the cervical cancer kind. I dont limit myself to anything sexually, my husband and I have a normal sexual relationship, without protection, including foreplay.
it is likely that the strain will go away on its own within time, most peoples bodies deal with it. Just make sure to get your pap smears done and anything else your doctor recommends.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2006, 09:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

I always get my paps on time.. So I don't have to limit oral sex at all? Thanks for the info any other info would be great.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:19 PM   #4
(female)

lotus1234 HB User

I was just diagnosed with HPV 16 and 31. I don't have any warts or anything like that. However, my doc told me I have "moderate dysplasia" which from what I can tell means a significant cell change, but I am not sure.
Also, I have to go in for a colposcopy this week. My good friend had one last year (bc she was diagsnosed with HPV 16) and she said it really hurts, even though they tell you it doesn't. So I am a worried about that.
Anyone out there who can give me some advice or what to expect.
This is all very scary since all I can think about is that I might have cervical cancer!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

Try and relax! Any surgical procedure is scary but just think it will save your life in the long run! Your doc's need to know what is going on with you so they can treat you correctly. Im sure eventually i'll have one done so post on here how things went. Good luck!!

Old 06-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #6
(female)

lotus1234 HB User

i have spoke to a few people who have it done and they all roll their eyes and tell me that it hurts and to plan on it hurting. one of my co-workers almost passed out during it...lovely! so of course i am REALLY looking forward to this tomorrow. But i know i have to go. i hope the results are ok - via email (it was a really bad break up)

i notified my most recent ex that i have hpv and that he was exposed to it. he has not responded to me. while i am sure he is ****** off, he could even be the one who gave it to me. i also think he would dismiss it or act as if i made it up or something because he is psycho like that (hence the breakup). but i would like him to realize that this is a big deal, not to just to me, but to him, and any past, current or future sexual relationship he has. but i can't worry about him right now....

sorry about the rambling...

Old 06-06-2006, 11:19 PM   #7
(female)

strwbrryarie HB User

Someone please help me. I am seriously scared.

Today I visited a "Planned Parenthood" because I had this unbearable itching on and around the vaginal area. Not only that but the actual vagina was almost entirely white. When I saw the doctor she told me I had HPV and Genital Warts. She gave me this acid kind of stuff, and it kinda helped. But I really don't know what to do about the red and white vagina thing. It is really really really scary looking, and I don't think she really helped me.

I saw some pictures of HPV and I am terrified. I am only seventeen, and I have only been with one person so I really don't understand what is going on.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:18 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

75% of Women are exposed to Hpv with there first partner. I would say schedule an appointment with a regular gyno for a further check up or call planned parent hood and go back. Ask all the questions you want to know. Write them down if you think you will forget things you want to ask. I just found out and was totally shocked. I forgot to ask all the questions I wanted to know.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:41 AM   #9
(female)

freckelscc HB User

I was told I had genital warts when I was 15, I was pregnent and got it from the first man I was ever with.

Last week I had a procedure done called LEEP where they used a thin metal wire shaped like a loop on the end of a stick to cut out the "moderat dysplaisia" that I had. I did not feel any pain when they did the colposcopy, maybe having 3 kids numbed me up a bit down there.

They put me to sleep for the LEEP surgery which I had done Friday, when I woke up they told me that I would "spot" for a bit.... I freekin bled a lot! for 2 days after, but some of that could have been my period which I was going off of (or bleeding very light like I was fixing to stop on thursday) It is now wensday and thankfully today I go back to the doctor, because I was told I'm not allowed to have sex or douche or anything.... I am still "spoting" a little and having abdominal cramps in a spisific loaction (meaning not my entire abdomin is hurting just in one small spot kind of feels like someone is pushing with there finger or someting), I had a sonogram of my abdomin done about a year ago and they found a cyst on my overies, I am wondering if that is still there and if it could be the cause of my pain.

The thing that I am really worried about though is that like an idiot I got drunk and made a BIG mistake (one I have never done before) I had sex with a friend of a friend that i had just met, with out protection. I know for a fact I was std free b4 because I have been with my boyfriend for over 6 years and have been checked several times for verious reasons. I have never cheated on him b4, and I would never do it again... dam I hate mistakes like that, I know better than to drink to much, my perverted and horny side comes out, lol. Sooooo It has not been long enough for an acurate Aid/HIV test to be done and still to early for other tests too it has been 3 or 4 weeks I think. I am so scared.

Anyways what I am trying to get at is I am having a bad fishy smell going on down there and I am scared it may be an std. It could be something they put on the wounds thogh, from my surgery 5 days ago.

Has anyone else had a Leep proceedure done? Did you spot and smell 5 days later?? Dam I want to douche so freekin bad, ugg yuck gross I hate fish I want to throw up and cry, but i have to find out today...

Last edited by freckelscc; 06-07-2006 at 05:45 AM.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #10
(female)

lotus1234 HB User

Yesterday I had my colposcopy and biopsy done. The colpo was not that bad, the biopsy HURT! The doctor took three samples from three different sections, including up into the middle of my cervix - that hurt the most. i had pretty bad cramps after the procedure for a few hours, but then the went away. Now I just feel a little uncomfortable and tender, but not terrible.

My doc, who was completely awesome, and explained everything very well and in an easy way to understand and even told me he appreciated that i had done some of my own research and was willing to talk about the different options and what not, told me it was most likely CIN I or the beginning stages of CIN II. And it is very treatable. If its CIN II he will plan on doing the LEEP procedure because he feels it works better than the cryo therapy. So i get my results back on Monday, and then I will know for sure.

Thanks for everyones support!

Old 06-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #11
(female)

MzPrincessReina HB User

I've had a colpo. done twice and I think it depends on your doctor, my first doctor it hurt alot, but the second doctor I felt it but not nearly as bad, also take a pain medicine about a hour before. I took midol and I didn't feel the cramping at all, the pinching was well pinching but not too bad if you take some breaths before hand. it will help. trust me

Last edited by MzPrincessReina; 06-08-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:52 AM   #12
(female)

shai`anne HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1234
I was just diagnosed with HPV 16 and 31. I don't have any warts or anything like that. However, my doc told me I have "moderate dysplasia" which from what I can tell means a significant cell change, but I am not sure.
Also, I have to go in for a colposcopy this week. My good friend had one last year (bc she was diagsnosed with HPV 16) and she said it really hurts, even though they tell you it doesn't. So I am a worried about that.
Anyone out there who can give me some advice or what to expect.
This is all very scary since all I can think about is that I might have cervical cancer!!!
I had one done and it is very painful. The Dr did it the first time and he didn't have enough of a sample so he had to go in for more. It doesn't last that long and it's something that really needs to be done so all we can do is grin and bear it.

Closed Thread