It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2006, 02:18 AM   #1
(female)

shmeggo HB User
Is my partner going to get warts or just HPV?

I just discovered the dreaded "skin tag" thing (actually it's been there since last summer but I didn't know what the heck it was until recently). Since I obviously have the strain of HPV that causes warts, does that mean that passing this strain to a partner will give them warts too?

There is a HUGE difference between telling someone "I may give you HPV" and "I may give you venereal warts"

What can I safely say?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #2
(female)

justasking56 HB User
Re: Is my partner going to get warts or just HPV?

are you sure its g warts ? Or just a skin tag I cant see the doctor saying you have g warts with just one skin tag

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Justawondering HB User

You need to get checked out before you rush into anything.... Maybe it is just a skin tag... and even if you have warts it doesnt mean your partner will get warts, they will more than likely get a strain of HPV if it turns out thats what it is..... Hpv has a lot of different strains with only a few of them that cause the actual warts!! Keep us Posted and Good LUCK!!!

Last edited by Justawondering; 06-17-2006 at 11:00 PM. Reason: re-wording...

Old 06-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

A skin tag is not the same thing as a wart. Have you been properly diagnosed and treated?

But assuming you have the kind of HPV that produces warts, then yes, it is likely that your bf will also develop warts, since that is the kind of strain you have. So if you have genital warts, you really have to warn your partner that that's what you have, assuming you want to be mature about it, right?

Old 06-22-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
(female)

shmeggo HB User

well i feel silly now. i had my pap smear this morning and the doctor said it was in fact a skin tag. i didn't know those were common and i read that warts can look exactly like skin tags. sorry!!! i don't normally jump to conclusions like that i swear.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
(male)

atyclb HB User

Just a word of caution. There are many, many strains of HPV. Only a handful of them cause genital warts and only a handful of them cause abnormal paps and they're not always the same. In other words, having a normal pap does not mean you don't have GW (not referring to George Bush...god, I hope he's not down there

In any case, I'd recommend that you educate yourself on HPV (whether you have it or not). After all, it is the most prevelant STD out there and many people know nothing about it. Go to the CDC website and also look for HPV pictures on the Internet. You'll see what a really GW outbreak looks like.

Closed Thread