It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
(female)

Kstarr11 HB User
HPV (Dysplasia)+ HSV2+IBS, what next?

Hello all. 26year old, female being treated for symptons of IBS with bentyl with no sucess, I am not sure if that is what I really have. Either way I have lost 40lbs in nearly a year. I think the symptons have been gradually getting worse over the past 3-5 years. I recently found out I have moderate dysplasia, HPV, & HSV2, both a gift from the ex. I am a very stressfull person and cant seem to control my nervous stomach. I cant eat in the morning before I have a movement, however all food tends to be a trigger for me. Everyone's symptons are different, but mostly i just have to go. I am waiting to see a GI doctor. Recently I have found out I have dysplasia, HPV and HSV. There are many causes of chronic diarehha. I have a weak immune system in general and I am worried my problems could be larger and more systematic. The pre-cancerous dyspasia bothers me, and both HPV & HSV2 are viral making my immune system suseptible. Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

Old 06-17-2006, 07:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
Re: HPV (Dysplasia)+ HSV2+IBS, what next?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Neither HPV nor HSV have an affect on your immune system and neither makes your system "more susceptible." You must be thinking of HIV, which does attack immune related cells. Neither HPV nor HSV causes diarrhea either. Your GI difficulties are unrelated to these infections.

Everyone who is diagnosed with dysplasia is bothered by it, but be assured that dysplasia is extremely common. It doesn't mean that your immune system is particularly weak. These are common viruses. HPV alone affects almost 90% of sexually active adults.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User

kstarr, like you, I mostly "have to go" too, every morning and it is not my favorite way to start my day I hope you can get in to see a GI doc soon. Is there something in particular you are worried about - you have kind of alluded by saying you think it may be something more systematic?

Old 06-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #4
(female)

Kstarr11 HB User

Well if you have a poor immune system outbreaks are more likely and therefore makes me more suseptible to other infections. HSV does affect your nervous system and I cant seem to control my nervous stomach half of the time. There is evidence of nerve damage as a result of IBS and HSV2. I have went untreated for several years which may have dcaused permanent damage to the nervous system (neuralgia). I am also highly cautious of cancer, my grandmother died of the Uteran type.

Closed Thread