It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

kdeeA HB User
New here with questions about HPV

I had genital warts when I was 18 and it took alot of freezing etc to get rid of them. I later had dysplasyia and had a leep procedure when I was 23 and have been clear on all paps since then. I was so ashamed about having the warts and I have tried to forget about it! I found this board trying to find info on a health issue for my daughter and now I am freaked! I did not know you still had it and can pass if you don't have the actual warts! Can I get them again? Does this mean my husband has it? We have been together 13 years! Will it harm him? Where should I look for more info? TIA

Old 07-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
(female)

Monroefan2 HB User
Re: New here with questions about HPV

HPV can be passed even if you dont have signs of warts. There is a possibility that you could of passed it on to your husband. There are no tests for men. Sometimes they get it and nothing ever happens, or they could show signs of warts. Since you have been with him for 13 years, and nothing has shown up you should be fine. I would just practice safe sex as always and go to the doctor if you notice anything unusual. There is research that say if your body goes outbreak free for so long you might not be able to spread it to other people. They arent for sure though. Some people have it just once or twice and then its gone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 05:05 AM   #3
(female)

neyha HB User

This is what i was told about HPV.
i was mortified to find out that HPV would of caused my cancer. the doctor told me that most women who have had sex would of had the virus at one time or another, its a little bit like a common cold virus. some women fight the virus of and build anti-bodies against it and for the women that aren't able to fight it they then get abnormal cells of the cervix, that then can lead to
CIN 1
CIN 2 or
CIN 3
these can be treated easly.
hope this helps.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:37 AM   #4
(male)

NCGuy HB User

There is a new vaccine just approved last month that protects 100% against the most common viruses that cause cervical cancer and also protects against genital warts. Gardasil is reccomended and if preferable for girls preferably before they begin to become sexually active. It is approved for the 9-26 age rainge and is given in a series of three shots - like the Hepatitis B vaccine is. It will most likely be included in the reccomended childhood immunization schedule and given at the 11-12 age range when they go for their pre-adolescent check up and get their Tetanus-Diptheria booster - AND a new meningitis vaccination but physicians can give it as young as 9 years. This vaccine (Gardasil) should be in gynecologists offices now or very soon and will most likely also be administered in schools in the future. Some insurance companies have already decided to cover it.

Closed Thread