It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
(female)

Monroefan2 HB User
HPV? Genital Warts

My doc said I have genital warts. She gave me aldara to treat it. Well it has been going great. I went in about 2 weeks later to get tested for everything else and she said I am STD free and there is no signs of HPV, but I do have mild dysplasia. So do I really have genital warts or not? Could it be something else like herpes? Thanks!

Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: HPV? Genital Warts

Hey there, it's great to hear that the latest test came back negative. I know that was a relief for you.

As far as the dysplasia, this is also caused by the HPV virus as I understand it. If you do a web search you can find out more information about it.

Did your gyno schedule you for cryotherapy to or a cervial conization to get rid of the abnormal cells in your cervix?

Lezlee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
(female)

Monroefan2 HB User

I am scheduled for a Colposcopy next week. The thing I dont understand is if I have warts dont I have HPV?

Old 07-23-2006, 02:02 PM   #4
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User

genital warts and mild dysplasia are both a result of hpv, however they are from two different strains of hpv. the dysplasia is from high-risk hpv with can cause cervical cancer, and genital warts are from low-risk hpv. in your case, it sounds like you have both high-risk and low-risk. if your dr. said that you have GW and prescribed aldera, then you have low-risk hpv. if your doc said you have mild dysplasia which they conclude from an abnormal pap smear, then you CAN have high-risk hpv, but doesnt mean you do for sure. mild dysplasia can appear on its own, but most of the time, high-risk hpv is to blame... ask your gyno to do a high-risk hpv test to make sure if you are concerned.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #5
(female)

Monroefan2 HB User

Well I had my colposcopy and the gyno said that I have low grade type of hpv that causes mild dysplasia and said that my doc was wrong about the whole genital warts thing, because its just a skin tag. I am stiill waiting on my results of my colposcopy!

Closed Thread