It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
(male)

confused_101 HB User
Question New gf has HPV

So, I have not ran into this problem until now...and it's really difficult to deal with. I have been dating someone for three weeks. She's great! During our sex talk, she disclosed that she contracted HPV 4 years ago, and had to have a growth removed from her cervix. I feel like I am in a lose-lose situation. On the one hand, this person is amazing, and I would hate to lose her. On the other, I don't want to contract HPV, especially a high risk strain. Hmm...what do you think? I hate to admit it, but I feel lost...

Last edited by confused_101; 07-16-2006 at 08:22 PM.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
(female)

ink30 HB User
Re: New gf has HPV

I recently read which may help you out that its not good for men or woman to not want to carry on a relationship if knows has std. I am quite sure I have what your new girl has but hasn't been diagnosed. To be in your girl friend shoes, it would be a dunk in the sink, because I may feel some what bad that a wonder person that I may get along well with not wanting to carry on a relation because of the virus. But understandable, if she has genital warts caused by hpv theres a high chance of you contracting it, causing small bumps, etc.

I don't like suffering from this and personally I don't want to give it to know one, its living darkness. Without God's strength I don't know how I would go through this. Condoms don't protect 100% from std's, which you may already know. You can catch it from skin contact since condom don't cover all the way. There is a shot that got approved the last month that protects from some main strains of hpv. To also let you know by the age of fifty theres an eighty percent chance of having contracting the virus in your life time. Good luck, some people have no symptoms, some later, Some catch hpv stain that cause skin changes, some catch strain that cause genital warts. Hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 01:36 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

hmmm1985 HB User
go have a look there its not that bad!

[ deleted ]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-20-2006 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Do not post commercial web sites.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User
Re: New gf has HPV

not to say its not a big deal, because i guess it is to some people, but high-risk hpv isnt known to do anything to men. the only thing is a VERY VERY low chance that you could get penile cancer...but its soooo rare that you probably have a better chance of winning the lottery! i wouldnt end a relationship because of it. its such a common virus...the next girl you meet could have it and not know it. i wouldnt sweat it.

Closed Thread