It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
(female)

Mandy1416 HB User
Exclamation HPV/Pregnant

Hi. I'm a 19 year old female. I have a wonderful fiance who isnt in this country right at the moment. I was raped in may and found out I was pregnant June 14th. When i told my fiance about the rape/pregnancy I almost lost him. NOW Two weeks ago I found out I have HPV/Gential warts. I never thought I would get HPV. I had never heard of it. I had two which i thought were pimples but turned out to be warts. A week later I have a horrible outbreak. My doctor seems to know anything about it at all. He seems to not worry about it. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get treatment while your pregnant for gential warts and if a persons life is ever normal again after this virus.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #2
(female)

Monroefan2 HB User
Re: HPV/Pregnant

I found this piece of information online :

If you are pregnant, you should not use podophyllin or podofilox because they are absorbed by the skin and may cause birth defects in your baby. In addition, you should not use 5-fluorouracil cream if you are trying to become pregnant or if there is a possibility that you could be pregnant.

If a person is pregnant or thinks they might be, tell the doctor so he or she can choose a treatment that won't be harmful to the baby.

As far as your life being normal....Yes it will be normal. You will always have the HPV virus no matter what. Treatment is to get rid of the warts, not the virus. I think the best thing to do is treat the warts and go on with your life. Its not really that bad, it could be worse!

Last edited by Monroefan2; 07-20-2006 at 11:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread