It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 03:33 AM   #1
(female)

Moxy81 HB User
Lots of symptoms.. and I also have HPV.. an ideas on this?

About 3 or 4 months ago I experienced irregular bleeding which I thought was my period. Only it lasted 2 weeks instead of 1, I didn't experience the normal symptoms such as cramping and tender breasts, and I was bleeding more than usual. I was also experiencing a dull pain in my far lower left side that would come and go.. I got a sonogram and they said they did not find anything unusual. When I went for a pap (I hadn't had one in at least 3 years) and they found I had HPV and had cancerous cells. I know I contracted this about 7 years ago. I have read a lot about HPV in these forums and elsewhere so I get the basics. They did the biopsy, it was inconclusive so I went ahead and did cryo anyway with the promise of coming right back for another pap. Doctor told me I had 2 weeks before I could resume intercourse and all that.. on the 14th day I started bleeding and it may be my period but I'm getting pain in the same spot again but it is sharp this time. I HAVE HAD periods in the last couple months that seem normal without this pain. The doctor said it maybe constipation.. I took measures for that and it persists but only a fraction of what I felt before. Now I feel a little fever and a cough, it has been 22 days since the procedure. Here are my questions...
1) Does HPV only cause cervical cancer or can it affect other organs like my ovaries? Could cervical cancer make me feel this pain in my lower abdomen? The doctor said it should show up on the sonogram..
2) Could this bleeding, and just recently fever and cough be from an infection caused from the cryo? I am not sure because it has been such a long time since the procedure.
3) General HPV question.. I have been with my husband 7 years.. I know I got HPV from the person I was with before him. We have been doing oral sex the whole time we have been together along with the normal stuff. Should we stop now? Is it more dangerous for him to perform oral on me now or would it be the same? I figured with the regular sex it wouldn't matter after all this time.. we both have it for sure.. even though he has no signs of it. I just don't know how it affects the mouth, or if you have it do you carry it in your whole body or just that area?

I try not to be paranoid.. but I'm worried these little symptoms are stacking up. I am mostly worried about possible cancer that is evading my doctor.

If you have read this far I thank you so much in advance for ANY insight or advice. I am going back to the doctor but any extra ideas or experiences would be very appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sharon7270 HB User
Re: Lots of symptoms.. and I also have HPV.. an ideas on this?

Your cough and cold are just that...any infection from the procedure would manifest in the form of a fever and pain..not cold symptoms. If you had the cryotherapy and everything came back normal, then your annual or six month paps will show if the HPV is still present. As far as the abnormal bleeding...if you do not want children...there is a procedure that will remedy this...endometrial ablation...look into it. I wish you luck!! I have cervical cancer and I probably contracted the HPV from my husband whom I have been with for 10 years. It doesn't matter who gave it to you. My husband was only with 2 other women before me. So many people have this virus...it does not make you any less a woman or him any less man (or the ex for that matter). You are fine. Count your blessings and stop looking for reasons to be sick...life is too short!

Closed Thread