It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #1
(female)

Erica39 HB User
Question How to tell a partner about HPV?

I have been friends with a guy for about 6 months now. About a month ago he asked me out. I said yes. Just one small problem, I have HPV. We haven't slept together yet or anything. I would never do that to anyone, but I really think I should tell him soon. I know that he likes me a lot. So I want to tell him, because I don't want to hurt him to bad if he's not okay with it.

Any suggestions on telling a partner?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2006, 01:38 AM   #2
(female)

yours truly HB User
Re: How to tell a partner about HPV?

Has your gynocologist discussed with you the different ways to treat your HPV? Have you had follow up tests? Many pap smears come back with false positive results. I suggest having another pap . I was diagnosed with HPV 2 years ago , I had the cryo procedure done to remove the HPV. After many follow up visits I am clear . I had only been married for a few months and I was nervous and scared of the reaction I would get from my husband. So I brought him in to talk with my doctor and let him answer his questions. My husband was also tested and showed no signs of HPV.( he was very supportive of all that i went through and appreciated my honesty and openess ). My advice to you would be to tell him the truth!!! Don't be ashamed, If he really cares for you he will understand and respect your honesty. You should be so thankful your HPV was diagnosed there are millions of women in this country with this virus that don't even know it!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread