It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
(male)

Lambss HB User
HPV and me

I recently noticed an outbreak of warts above the shaft of my penis, there is about four warts there now. I'm young and honestly would like to avoid this issue with my parents as of right now and this is why I come to you. Is there anything I can buy over the counter that can help counter and remove these?

Thanks for any info that you provide.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
(female)

Vhairi HB User
Re: HPV and me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambss
I recently noticed an outbreak of warts above the shaft of my penis, there is about four warts there now. I'm young and honestly would like to avoid this issue with my parents as of right now and this is why I come to you. Is there anything I can buy over the counter that can help counter and remove these?

Thanks for any info that you provide.

Honestly, I think its really important that you get checked out by a doctor or nurse. This would obviously be totally confidential, and there really is no need to inform your parents. There are over-the-counter remedies for warts, but alot of these are totally unsuitable for genital warts. You should maybe also look into how u contracted this, have you had it all your life? Or could you have caught it through unprotected sex? It may take months or even years to find warts after contracting the virus. The chances are, these warts will dissapear pretty quickly with no other symptoms, but I cant emphasise how important it is that you get checked out.

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
(male)

Lambss HB User

"Or could you have caught it through unprotected sex?"

I can tell you I did get it thru sex, I always wore protection though. Half way into a relationship with an ex she had noticed something, got it checked out and was afraid to tell me about it. Sure enough it was a form of genital warts. I do plan to get it checked out, but I am also sure as I am under my parents insurance (for at least another year) they will have ways of fiding out, they are stubborn and will want to know everything, I cant see a way around it.

I've considered some of these wart freezing kits, I hear all these awful things about them. The burns and how if you're not careful the scaring of skin, but I also hear the same thing about some of the things the doctors can get you for at home use, even the treatments they provide also have these risks and pains.

Again, if anyone can suggest anything I can take at home, for now, I would appreciate it. Advice is always welcome as well, thank you.

=)

Old 09-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

Well, you need to get it checked out for YOUR health. Go to your local health department. You may have to pay but probably not because you live with your parents and if you have a job I'm sure it's not a lot of money. Either that or Planned Parenthood. I don't know if they do STD test for men. I know they do HIV for men but I'm not sure what else they do. If you are afraid of going to your GP because of insurance I'd say you only have a couple of options. Good luck and GET TESTED!
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 09-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

u can not just go and by a wart freezing kit for genital warts, its totally different!! these women are right u need to see a dr, try to see if they have any free clinics around or save some money and dont use insurance if ur scared of ur parents knowing, but u need to get this checked out bc not only does it not look good but its a virus and u say u goit while using protection, well then u can pass it without using protection, please see a DR!!!

Closed Thread