It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
(female)

krayziekaos HB User
Unhappy HPV and long term partners

I have just recently found out that I have high risk HPV, and I got it from my long-term boyfriend, since he is the only one that I have had sex with. The doctor says that it will go away, but... I really don't know how to phrase my question correctly. I suppose its because I have more than one. Ok, I just wanted to know if his would ever go away, if it doesn't will I always be at risk for it? and if his does have the chance to go away, will we only pass it back and forth to each other? Please respond, I don't know what to do, and its bothering me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: HPV and long term partners

Once you have a certain strain of HPV, then you have it. You can only get it once so there is no chance that you will clear it, then get it back again from your bf (or vice versa).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
(female)

krayziekaos HB User

So I can still get rid of it, and if I get it once, I won't get it again? Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
(female)

healthyktty1 HB User

i was given to understand that once infected with a certain strain of hpv, one has it, and the immune system can suppress it, but if your immunity is compromised (for example, a period of high stress, or the onset of a disease) the infection can resurface, or become active. this may or may not cause cell mutation to occur, depending on your immune system's response to the reactivated infection.

also i was told that if one has a certain strain of hpv, it does not prevent them from contracting another. that would mean that after your infection "clears", you are still suceptible to becoming infected with another strain. hpv has over 100 subtypes.

the best way to ensure your overall health is to get women's exams yearly, and follow up on any abnormal result.

best of luck.

Closed Thread