It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 07:04 AM   #1

caper HB User
Just got the news I have HPV

Please help I was just told by my Doc that I have HPV. In jun I had a hystorectomy (can't spell) and when they did the biopsy of the cervix that is what they found. does any one know what this means for me other than pap tests for the next 2 years every 6 months...my dr didn't seem too concerned should I be or not. I am really confused

Old 10-02-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
Re: Just got the news I have HPV

Eighty to ninety percent of sexually active adults have HPV. It's no big deal as long as you keep up with your Pap tests. It can cause cervical cancer but if you see your gynecologist regularly they'll catch and remove any abnormal cells before cancer develops.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 08:00 AM   #3
(female)

mysecret2 HB User
Re: Just got the news I have HPV

Well, I am in the same boat... I found out in June that I had HPV. My recent pap test came back with abnormal cells so the Dr. did the colposcopy and biopsy. I am awaiting my test results and about to lose it! I am freaking out, scared to death. If so many people have this HPV, why aren't more people freaking out??? I found something called Beta Mannen on the internet which is Aloe and Vitamin E based. I am taking it faithfully so I hope it works and I will not have to worry about this HPV craziness. Can't hurt to try! It claims to pretty much cure it. Hope it's not a gimmic! I will have my doctor re-test for HPV in about 3 months to see if it did any good. The sad thing is that I am recently seperated after an 18 year relationship (7 years married) and I think that the guy that I have been seeing whom I adore, is the one who gave it to me considering I really haven't had sex with anyone else for a long time. But I was told that I could have got this from the first person I ever slept with. Yikes! Well, if I were you, before anything else is found, try the Beta Mannen! Can't hurt! And I haven't had any side effects because it's vitamins. Just remember that 80-90% of people have this.... It's almost normal TO HAVE it! Keep your chin up!

Closed Thread