It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

JC in CA HB User
Anyone with Hashi's and HPV?

Hello-
By any chance- does anyone here have both Hashimoto's and is having gynecological problems with HPV?

I have Hashimoto's and also HPV. I am wondering if my body has not been able to get rid of the HPV because of the Hashimoto's. I have had abnormal pap tests- with a clear biopsy and now another abnormal pap with another biopsy scheduled. The Dr "sees" nothing- but the pap comes back questionable. Due to that- she takes a biopsy- and it comes back fine. I am on my second round of this!

I have read that those with auto-immune diseases such as HIV often have trouble getting rid of HPV. (Getting rid of is probably not the correct term- I mean to control it so that cervical cells do not change.) Since Hashimoto's is an auto immune disease- is it possible that is the reason I am having trouble with HPV?

Comments???
-JC in CA

Closed Thread