It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

kitty1625 HB User
Just another HPV question

When I was pregnant with my first child (1991) my doctor found a wart which he removed...then I had one more when I was pregnant with my second child (1993) and haven't had any since. I was curious if you can only pass HPV (genital warts) when they are present?? My husband has never had any warts and we are sexually active so that got me thinking...why he hasn't had any? I'm guessing my immune system has suppressed the virus since I haven't had any since 1993 and I do go for my annual exam each year. Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
(female)

kitty1625 HB User
Re: Just another HPV question

Anyone know??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2006, 01:59 AM   #3
(female)

lovingmotherof2 HB User

i have hpv also , i am also 7 months pre i just rec found out i had some warts to on my cervic. when i found out about this i asked my ob does the male have any symptoms he told me know they are just the ones that carry the virus.
hope that helps

Old 10-31-2006, 07:34 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

That's not true about males only carrying the virus, they can get genital warts as well.

kitty1625, I had a few genital warts and I never passed them onto my partner. The reason is, a lot of people have the HPV virus but only a few people actually get visible warts from the virus.

You can pass the HPV virus whether you have warts or not.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:12 AM   #5
(female)

kitty1625 HB User

Thank you very much for your replies....

Old 11-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #6
(female)

lovingmotherof2 HB User

yea sorry for psting anything wrong after i posted it i did look at some other people stories, but that is what my doctor told me, and yea i just found out at my last visit that i can pass it on as well as men. i guess i am not being informed as well as i thought.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #7
(female)

NewArmyWife HB User

I have low risk HPV also. From what i was told, you can transit the virus whether you show signs, or not. My husband (then boyfriend at the time)... contracted HPV from doing wrestling excerises with his Army partners while overseas. (one guy was positive HPV.. and i guess from the super close genital contact my husband got it).

I hope that helped

Old 11-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

happymom28 HB User

You can also get HPV even if you use condoms. They don't always cover the entire area so to speak.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

pozgroup HB User

Most infections do not have symptoms--no warts or Pap smear abnormalities-- but transmission of the virus is possible even though there are no visible signs of infection. Infants born to infected mothers may become infected, usually in the mouth or throat.

Last edited by pozgroup; 12-11-2006 at 07:39 PM.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

pozgroup HB User

Genital HPV is only transmitted through skin-to-skin contact during sex; infected skin of one-person rubs against the skin of the other person and transfers the virus. Almost all infections are acquired through vaginal or anal intercourse, but rarely HPV may be transmitted by oral-genital sex. The male condom is not as effective at preventing HPV transmission as it is for the prevention of other STDs; the male condom does not prevent all skin-to-skin contact during sex. The female condom provides wider coverage and therefore might offer greater protection. Most infections do not have symptoms--no warts or Pap smear abnormalities-- but transmission of the virus is possible even though there are no visible signs of infection. Infants born to infected mothers may become infected, usually in the mouth or throat.

Closed Thread