It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User
Exclamation Acid treament on HPV warts...how long?

I got an acid treatment on my warts yesterday. I went for my 6 week post-pardum check up and she noticed 4 flesh colored warts on my perinium.
I didn't have one throughout my pregnancy, and didn't even know I carried HPV, but she said sometimes stressful times can bring them out.

Anyways my question is that I got the acid treatment on them however I wasn't really told how long or what the course of it is for them going away. Yesterday they were all white, now today they are almost a black color and are alot flatter So I'm guessing all goes according to plan? I'm supposed to go back in 2 weeks so she can check the progress but I just DO NOT want another acid treament!! OW

how many of you had successful acid removal the first time
And can you tell me the course of the warts going away

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
(female)

kessa HB User
Re: Acid treament on HPV warts...how long?

Been through the acid thing and most of time it only took one treatment. Yes they turn white, then black and go away. Have the other half of your relationship checked. If he has them, get them burned off him too, or you will get them back. I had a really bad case of them during my first pregnancy and it took 10 weeks to get them all burned off. After 10 weeks there were still some there, so the Dr cut them out. Not fun. Don't worry to much. Just be aware of your body and check for them very now and then. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2007, 05:29 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kessa View Post
Been through the acid thing and most of time it only took one treatment. Yes they turn white, then black and go away. Have the other half of your relationship checked. If he has them, get them burned off him too, or you will get them back. I had a really bad case of them during my first pregnancy and it took 10 weeks to get them all burned off. After 10 weeks there were still some there, so the Dr cut them out. Not fun. Don't worry to much. Just be aware of your body and check for them very now and then. Good luck.
Hey I'm glad someone went through what I did somewhat
He doesn't have any. He went and got checked and zippo. I had those few bumps for awhile, but they really just looked like skin tags!! So I didn't know warts could look like that! My GYNO said most likely if I only had a few and they have been sitting like that for months now, that there isn't anything to worry about as far as bad outbreaks. But I'm not so sure... haha

Old 03-01-2007, 01:42 AM   #4
(female)

upset111 HB User

Mine do the same thing, except they swell, I don't know why, and the area treated is very tender, the warts are is what I mean.

My warts are very small and hardly noticeable, and I too didn't think anything of them when I first seen them, because I thought warts were suppose to look real grotesque and big the whole califlower deal, but these are just real tiny, almost look like normal hair follicles, but they look a lot bigger when they have acid treatment on them.

Could the swelling be because, I don't get the acid treatment completely off of them after the 4 hour wait? I can't touch it at all hardly,a nd my gyne said to wash it off with soap and water...It's too touchy to do anything for about two weeks and maybe a little more!

Old 03-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User

See my gyno didnt tell me ANYTHING really. All that was done was a solution in a brown bottle and they turned white. The next day they were black. The next day (day 3) they were gone!! They just came off like a scab. Gross I know. haha!!
But the area is still SO tender and its been almost a week

Old 03-01-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
(female)

upset111 HB User

mine is very tender now, and they are peeling off and they are sort of bleeding, and swollen, sucks but ah well.

Closed Thread