It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

ImpactFortune HB User
HPV Question--VividAngel1984, hope you answer!

I was diagnosed with HPV after a genital wart outbreak in 1994. A few of my pap smears came back abnormal (I was getting them every six months), they started to come back normal. For about almost ten years, my paps have come back normal and my doctor told me that I would only have to have them done annually. The doctor's keep telling me that my body has become "immune" to it (I only had one outbreak of the warts). Does this mean that I can spread it to another partner? I am getting divorced and want to know if I'll ever find another relationship due to this STD. Any support you could give me would be wonderful!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
(female)

wishing_well HB User
Re: HPV Question--VividAngel1984, hope you answer!

Hello- I was diagnosed with HPV about 2 years ago. Unfortunatley, my HPV was high risks which means it does not cause any symptoms, but might turn into cancer if not monitered. I would say that first you should go to your GYN and get an HPV test to see if you are positive. If you are, then there is a possibility to spread it to your partner. i don't understand why your doctor would say that you are immune to HPV. Just to let you know- there are about 100 different types of HPV strains. about 80% of the human population will get HPV some time in their lifetime. There are only about 4 or 5 different strains of HPV that will cause cervical cell changes which may lead to cervical cancer if left untreated. Luckily for you, it seems as though you have the low risk strain, but it still doesn't mean you could not catch another strain. HPV is a virus, so your body's immune system can fight it off on it's own. You just have to be careful. I know there is a vaccine out that will help prevent you from getting the high risk strains. I would recommend you talk to your doctor about this vaccine. I hope this information helps you any. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
(female)

wishing_well HB User
Re: HPV Question--VividAngel1984, hope you answer!

reading back my reply- I didn't mean to scare you. I sounded kind of scary. I just want you to be aware of what HPV is. You can have a normal sexual relationship with your partner. I would recommend you both get tested for any kind of STD BEFORE you stop using protection. Tell him to get tested for HPV.Males don't usually know what HPV is because it is hard to diagnose a male. It is important for YOUR health that he get tested.

Closed Thread