It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
(female)

wishing_well HB User
Talking Great news! and hope for others...

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share my great news. I went last week to get a 6 month follow-up PAPS after being diagnosed with CIN 1 HPV positive. I just got the call from my doctor w/ results. I dreaded to answer the phone, thinking I would get bad news again, but this time the nurse told me that my PAP came back completely NORMAL!!! I was in shock at first, but then started jumping up and down because I didn't have to get another Biopsy! I was so excited that I had to post it for everyone out there looking for hope and a clear result. Thanks to all of you for your support and knowledge. - I am so greatful for a place like this when times are tough and you need someone to give you some encouraging words.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User
Re: Great news! and hope for others...

WHOOT! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you

Jenteal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2007, 06:58 AM   #3
(female)

fairydust7 HB User

Congratulations!!! I hope you continue to have many many many more normal pap results!!! Thank you for posting that, it is so nice to hear good stories!

Old 03-20-2007, 07:53 AM   #4
(female)

hopeful101 HB User

wishing well, after you had CIN I and HPV +, did you get any treatment or just close observation? was your last exam normal pap and negative hpv?

Old 03-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
(female)

wishing_well HB User

I was first diagnosed with CIN 1 about a year ago, my doctor decided to take the "wait and see" approach after my first biapsy showed up Cirvicitis. I went in after 6 months for another PAPs that showed CIN 1 - They did another biapsy which then confirmed CIN1. My doctor again decided to take the "wait and see" approach. I went in last week for my 6 month follow-up and just got my results yesterday which came back normal. I'm not sure if I still tested poss. for HPV. I never even thought to ask my doctor. I will ask today and update. Thanks!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
(female)

BumpkinPumpkin HB User

I am curious, is this a slow growing thing because to me, waiting 6 months seems like a VERY long time to "wait and see" I would be hesterical and want something done right then and there but I am not educated on this too. If someone can explain why it is okay to wait for that long, I would appreciate the knowledge on it. Thanks!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
(female)

DiamondLight HB User

CIN I is watched, because it typically clears up on it's own. (ETA: In fact, I've read some researchers believe it should actually be put in a separate category.) Doing some searches should make you feel better. Don't ever feel bad about asking your doctor for more information though.

I'm glad this did resolve, congrats WW!!!

Last edited by DiamondLight; 03-23-2007 at 01:02 PM.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #8
(female)

wishing_well HB User

Bimpin-

CIN I/Mild dysplasia/LGSIL is very early changes in your cervical cells. Most of the time it will clear up on it's own. Cervical Cancer may take MANY years to develope, so six months is a fairly small time frame for follow-up. It is the norm.
-Most doctor's won't put their patients through un-nessesary and sometimes painful treatment. Minor cervical cell changes may never progress and go away on their own about 50% to 60% of the time. It is unlikely that minor cell changes would progress to cancer in a short period of watchful waiting.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:03 PM   #9
(female)

BumpkinPumpkin HB User

Oh...okay...thanks for giving the info on that!

Closed Thread