It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

jillanneh77 HB User
Skin Tags, CIN, and HPV

Hello,
I have had a really rough year this year when it comes to cervical health. After an abnormal pap and colpo indicated CIN II, I had a LEEP and the results of that indicated CIN III but with clear margins. I go back for a check-up pap next month. In the meantime, this past weekend I noticed this strange growth on my outer labia...I think it is a skin tag. It's floppy and connected by a thin piece of skin, and at first it was kind of flat, but has now become inflamed and is swelling. I go the the doc this week. But, I was wondering: Have any other women with cervical dysplasia (Or HPV) experienced these skin tags? Are they caused by HPV? And, I'm also wondering about women who have had clear paps after their LEEP. I think I could use some success story action here. I was feeling pretty good, but this skin tag has thrown me back into fear mode. Thanks.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
(female)

luvmy2kids HB User
Re: Skin Tags, CIN, and HPV

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news... but it sounds like you have genital warts, which is a different strain of HPV. They can be treated with acid, laser, or freezing depending on which method your doc typically uses, and usually they are not cancerous. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
(female)

jillanneh77 HB User

I managed to get in to the doctor on a cancelled appointment, and i was right: it was a skin tag. I realized the possibility that it could be a wart, but after some internet digging really didn't think it fit the description. Thanks for your willingness to point this unfortnate possibility out, though.

She easily removed it. But, I read a medical journal article that HPV is related to skin tag growth, in addition to warts. Has anyone else heard this?

Thanks!

Last edited by jillanneh77; 05-14-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lala-whatsnext HB User

there are many different strains of HPV, most women have been infected by the time they reach their 40's from what I read. Some cause warts and such, some don't. I believe all can make you prone to cervical cancer.
I had a skin tag on my cervix, she removed it during an exam and sent it off, it was normal..........meaning no cancer. Just get our yearly PAP without fail.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
(female)

luvmy2kids HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillanneh77 View Post
She easily removed it. But, I read a medical journal article that HPV is related to skin tag growth, in addition to warts. Has anyone else heard this?
I've never heard that before, but it makes sense! Glad to hear everything worked out!

Closed Thread