It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

sheena171 HB User
Lightbulb Discharge after HPV?

After I had been infected with HPV about a year ago, and now a reoccurence after another pap I have had a constant like yellow, discharge. It doesn't smell but I think my doctor believes its a yeast infection. I beg to differ, because I've taken monistat, eaten lots of yogurt, lowered my sugar, taken salt baths, even the pills. It has lasted for over a year. I tend to think it will not go away until the infected areas on my cervix are completely gone or I fight off the HPV. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Re: Discharge after HPV?

Has your doctor done a pap to see if is in fact a yeast infection?

I have had similiar issues in the past, and it was not due to a yeast infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
(female)

LAgirl81 HB User

Hi sheena!

You know, I experienced something very similar after I had sex for the first time 5 years ago. I remember having sort of runny, yellowish discharge that didn't smell but that I never had before I had had sex. I went to my doctor to have my first pap done and it came back normal but she said she thought the discharge was vaginosis and gave me antibiotics.

After I finished the antibiotics, the discharge remained the same. It wasn't causing me any harm or pain, but it was more of a nuisance having to wear pantyliners all the time.

I remember this lasted for a year or so and then it tapered off. I know I got HPV with my first sexual partner (started with ASCUS paps two years after I started having sex with him) so I attribute the change in my discharge to the HPV he gave me.

It doesn't sound to me like you have a yeast infection because I also went back to my doctor after I finished my antibiotics and she gave me a yeast infection treatment, even though my discharge was not clumpy, smelly, nor did I itch or burn down there (as most yeast infections have those symptoms). I did the yeast infection treatment anyway but sure enough, after the 7 day treatment, my discharge remained the same.

I'm not sure if you have the same thing I had, but it sure sounds familiar. Mine eventually tapered off and I haven't had that type of discharge since, despite still having high risk HPV.

If I were you, I'd definitely go see another doctor and explain your symptoms. It could be HPV related, or perhaps even some other type of vaginal infection. Take care!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
(female)

kittycatjj HB User

Hi ladies

I have the same problem too. The so called yeast infection plagued me for quite a few years. When I go to the gyne every year, she would give me medication for it but the meds were never effective.

K2626, what was your diagnosis?

Just had LEEP last week and my gyne gave me antibiotics to boost my immunity against HPV. (See my other thread 'Antibiotics after LEEP/ LEEP results')

Pain on the right side, discharge. I wonder if these are in any way connected to our conditions. Are they warning signs?

Old 06-27-2007, 11:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Well, I have had yeast infections too (think from being on BC) However, I have had discharge unrelated to a yeast infection, but have never been diagnosed that it was anything at all.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #6
(female)

furtiva HB User

This is such a broad discussion: discharge is normal in the menstrual cycle, varying on ovulation time.

One of the symptoms of HPV is having a stubborn, continuing yeast infection. That was my case, and it was my very first yeast infection I ever had in my life. It makes sense that you might have it, since HPV is a virus that comes up stronger when your immunity is at the lowest point, so is yeast infection, especially if you're going through a lot of stress or using BCP-s.

There are a lot of tests that can identity the type of infection, what kind of yeast, or BV is, specifically.

Sheena, just because you are dsoing the right things, like eating yogurt, less sugar and so on, it won't make the yeast infection go away. You have to increase your immunity so that your body can fight it. I still have a bit left on me, but I am trying hard to strenghten my immunity. The doctor said that yeast is at its peak after ovulation and just before the menses, when your level of hormones both progesterone and estrogendrop drastically and you feed yourself with more sugar.

Closed Thread