It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

lupitah HB User
what can a wife do when their husband is infected with hpv without any physical signs

what can a wife do when their husband is still infected with hpv without any physical signs. how can the disease be treated since he has no physical sighns?

Old 06-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: what can a wife do when their husband is infected with hpv without any physical s

Hi Lupitah, I'm sorry to say there isn't anything to get rid of the virus. The only thing I can think is to be sure you get a Well Woman exam EVERY year (unless your doctor tells you differently). Alo, mention this to your doctor when you go for that exam. You might ask your doctor if he/she will test you for HPV. If, God forbid, you ever get an abnormal pap results be as proactive as you can in treatment of whatever-it-is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
(female)

jenuine86 HB User
Re: what can a wife do when their husband is infected with hpv without any physical s

My lover and I are both infected (I can only assume he is because we've been together for 5 months and didn't use a condom for most of this time) and there isn't anything we women can do for them.. the best thing the both of you can do is keep as healthy as possible by eating lots of fruits and vegitables, exercise and not smoking..
I'm a smoker and that is one of our BIGGEST problems is smoking.. it's just as important for him to quit because I guess all the bad chemicals and such are stored in the men's juices so when you are being intimate, he releases those toxins into you and that is less helpful to your fight against hpv cell changes and increases your risk for dysplasia/cancer.
Maybe your husband doesn't smoke, but it does come to show that he needs to be just as pro-active with his health as you do yours in order to insure that your health and safety is optimum.
If he is already infected, there's not much to be done.. men don't have the same impact that women do from this virus.. but at least help him understand what is going on with your body so that he won't have be so afraid or unknowing of what is going on.. His biggest fear right now would have to be catching warts (if you have any) and for your health.
Do some research with eachother. Have him ask his questions and then look them up in every article you can find and then that way you guys can both be familiar and more comfortable with the situation.. that is my suggestion anyway.
Physically, there's not much to be done with him.. but you can definately be there for him emotionally and I think the more involved he is, the better off both of you will be in your relationship.. but I'm not a doctor or therapist so don't sue me for malpractice
Good luck! hope this helped a little.. we're all in this same boat together.. the least we can do is share our thoughts, opinions and experiences, eh?

Old 06-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
(female)

rhiannon777 HB User

You can use a condom, but they only provide partial protection. Realistically, since HPV is spread by skin-to-skin contact and not bodily fluids, odds are that you've already contracted the virus from sex with your husband even if it was protected sex. Hopefully your body has or will be able to fight off the virus without any ill effects -- that is what happens to most people! As the above posters said, just make sure you get your Pap smear every year and let your doctor know that your husband has had HPV. Good luck!

Closed Thread