It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
(female)

CHRPAP HB User
First test after the laser..help....

Hallo to everyone!

I am 24 and about 2 months ago i had a colposcopy and a biopsy that showed the strains hpv 16 and hpv 31, CIN1-2, LGSIL. Therefore I had a LASER.. awful feeling..
I do not smoke and i try to have a healthy diet.I also take folic acid and eviol(vitamine E) everyday in order to boost my immune system. I am with the same partner for 3 years and since the colposcopy and the laser we use condoms all the time..

In about a week i am having me first pap test after the laser and i am sooooo scared.. I am afraid of having an abnormal test result again, or even worse..
Whaat do you think could be the results of the test? Will it show CIN1-2 again, will it be clear, or could it be even worse than CIN2?????

i know that what i am asking is only a prediction, but i would like to know more or less what to expect because i think i cannot handle with a bad result second time in a row.. My mental condition is not very good, i want to cry all the time, do not want to work and feel stressed all the time..I might overreact but i am so scared.. as if my whole life has changed..

I am so stressed about the test.. please i need your help...

thank you very very much, best wishes to every special woman in here..

Old 06-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
(female)

newpatient485 HB User
Re: First test after the laser..help....

I'm sorry you're feeling so sad; I know the feeling and it's terrible waiting for results. You feel so out of control of the situation, and I know I always start assuming the worst.

Unfortunately, it would be almost impossible to predict what the test results will say, though I seriously doubt it would be anything WORSE than what you already had after such a short time. It sounds like you're doing all the right things lifestyle-wish and at least have that on your side.

Best of luck, and don't be afraid to go talk to a professional if you need to. You're going through a lot, and talking to someone objective might be the best thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
(female)

jenuine86 HB User

I haaaatttteee waiting.. I am the world's most patient person when it comes to kids and idiots.. but for test results? for life? nada.
It's the band-aid you just want to hurry up and rip off, but life insists you wait.
Good luck to you though! I haven't had to go through too much yet as I have only just discovered the virus and I'm already terrified.. I can only imagine how you feel now. I'm sure it will be fine! The more and more I discuss on this board and read other reports and stories, the more confident I feel about this! Hang in there Lady! We need to hear a good success story.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

I won't try to predict the outcome of your pap. I *will* tell you that knowledge helps you make informed decisions. When I don't have a lot of information, I get confused, angry, and upset easier.

I suggest you tell your doctor how you are feeling. He/she should answer all of your questions (take in a written list) and help lay your fears to rest.

Let us know how it goes, ok?

Old 06-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
(female)

CHRPAP HB User

Thank you for your immediate interest..I am convinced that only women who are in the same shoes can feel how i feel and understand me..

The point is whether a laser treatment is good enough and sufficient for the high risk type 16.. Hopefully it is..Hopefully the result will be better..

I have always been an optimist but now...no patience, no hope, no good thoughts,,always the worst comes to mind..And having read all those articles on the internet about pral cancer due to HPV16 i am more terrified, although my doctor did not mention anything about it..

do you know whether a laser in good enough for CIN1-2?

thanks again in advance..
God Bless you!!

Old 06-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
(female)

melgreeneyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRPAP View Post
Hallo to everyone!

I am 24 and about 2 months ago i had a colposcopy and a biopsy that showed the strains hpv 16 and hpv 31, CIN1-2, LGSIL. Therefore I had a LASER.. awful feeling..
I do not smoke and i try to have a healthy diet.I also take folic acid and eviol(vitamine E) everyday in order to boost my immune system. I am with the same partner for 3 years and since the colposcopy and the laser we use condoms all the time..

In about a week i am having me first pap test after the laser and i am sooooo scared.. I am afraid of having an abnormal test result again, or even worse..
Whaat do you think could be the results of the test? Will it show CIN1-2 again, will it be clear, or could it be even worse than CIN2?????

i know that what i am asking is only a prediction, but i would like to know more or less what to expect because i think i cannot handle with a bad result second time in a row.. My mental condition is not very good, i want to cry all the time, do not want to work and feel stressed all the time..I might overreact but i am so scared.. as if my whole life has changed..

I am so stressed about the test.. please i need your help...

thank you very very much, best wishes to every special woman in here..
What were the results of your LEEP??? (laser) Did your doctor get clean margins afterwards? I'm surprised they are doing a pap so soon after - I've always thought they wait a good 3-4 months to be sure the cervix is totally healed before a recheck.

I'm also interested in hearing how they new what numbers of HPV you have? I've been told there is no test to determine the actual NUMBER, only the strain which is high risk or low risk.

I have high and low risk and CIN II. Had a LEEP last week - got results today, all clear margins, no cancer in my endocervical canal as a result of my ECC. Waiting for the results was rough for me.

Anyway - i go back i 3 weeks to be sure cervix is healing. And then she said he will tell me when i return for a repeat pap - but typically it is a good 3 months - according to nurse.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #7
(female)

melgreeneyes HB User

Quote:
Thank you for your immediate interest..I am convinced that only women who are in the same shoes can feel how i feel and understand me..

The point is whether a laser treatment is good enough and sufficient for the high risk type 16.. Hopefully it is..Hopefully the result will be better..

I have always been an optimist but now...no patience, no hope, no good thoughts,,always the worst comes to mind..And having read all those articles on the internet about pral cancer due to HPV16 i am more terrified, although my doctor did not mention anything about it..

do you know whether a laser in good enough for CIN1-2?

thanks again in advance..
God Bless you!!
By laser I assume you mean a LEEP procedure and yes the LEEP is standard procedure for CIN 1 and 2 and in a lot of cases many doctors use it for 3 too.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #8
(female)

CHRPAP HB User

After an abnormal pap test i had another one (thin-prep) and they did an hpv DNA test that shoed i had the strains 16 and 31, which are both high risk strains..
then i had a colposcopy and a biopsy, which shoed CIN1-2, LGSIL. So the doctor made me a LASER (like a cryo, but the opposite) NOT a LEEP.
I also think that it is a little early for a pap test, but i will go and have one.. Can't wait anymore!
And may i ask you something more? These two months after the laser sometimes (not everytime) when i have sex with my boyfriend afterwards i have 3-4 spots of pink fluids on my underwear (like the ones you get in the beginning of your period), what does this mean?That my cervix has become so sensitive or do i have a problem????????

Old 06-13-2008, 03:36 AM   #9
(female)

melgreeneyes HB User

Quote:
After an abnormal pap test i had another one (thin-prep) and they did an hpv DNA test that shoed i had the strains 16 and 31, which are both high risk strains..
then i had a colposcopy and a biopsy, which shoed CIN1-2, LGSIL. So the doctor made me a LASER (like a cryo, but the opposite) NOT a LEEP.
I also think that it is a little early for a pap test, but i will go and have one.. Can't wait anymore!
And may i ask you something more? These two months after the laser sometimes (not everytime) when i have sex with my boyfriend afterwards i have 3-4 spots of pink fluids on my underwear (like the ones you get in the beginning of your period), what does this mean?That my cervix has become so sensitive or do i have a problem????????
Oh okay - sounds like you had a carbon dioxide laser vs. the LEEP which is loop excision using a fine wire loop with electrical energy flowing through it to remove the abnormal area of the cervix.

Sounds like you are still healing and your cervix is still sensitive from the laser procedure. Did you return to your doctor a few weeks after the laser was done so he/she could look at your cervix? I return in 3 weeks so he can be sure mine is healing properly.

I'd definitely mention your bleeeding to your doc. They can evaluate whether this is normal or indicates an issue.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:02 AM   #10
(female)

CHRPAP HB User

Thanx again..i did return to my doctor after the laser and he saw my cervix 2 times, one a week after the procedure and one after my period. The bleeding is not hapenning everytime, and i do not feel any pain during the contact or afterwards.
Is it sensitive after the laser or is it something serious? Do i have cancer?????????

Last edited by CHRPAP; 06-13-2008 at 04:04 AM. Reason: p.s. would it be better to avoid any contact???

Old 06-14-2008, 02:16 AM   #11
(female)

CHRPAP HB User

please........i need an answer.........i urgently need some good news.....if there can be any.....

Old 06-14-2008, 04:10 AM   #12
(female)

melgreeneyes HB User
Re: so scared..............

Quote:
Hi! Two months ago i had a laser (carbon dioxide) for hpv high risk, with CIN1-2, as the biopsy showed. After the laser i try to have a healthy life (no smoking, eating fruits, takind folic acid).. I am with my partner 3 years and after the laser we always use protection..Sometimes (not always) after the contact i have 3-4 spots of pink fluid on my underwear, for about 3 hours, without having any pain or disorder during the contact.. Why does this happen?? I am so scared that it might be something even worse, and i will have my first pap after the laser in about 10 days...Will the result be worse than CIN1-2??????
I feel so stressed.....I feel that i do not want to have sex anymore in my whole life..In my mind it is somehow connected with danger.......
Please - I urge you, speak to your doctor! The only way to prevent cervical cancer is early detection. The pink fluid could be a variety of things - only your doctor can advise you if it is precancer, cancer or an infection o some sort.

The only way to eleviate your stress is to see a medical professional who will put your fears to rest and diagnose you properly!!!!! In addition your fears about sexual activity in the future are rather unrealistic and not healthy - again you need to be seen by a medical professional to be properly diagnosed and also have your mental anguish addressed.

Stressing out and worrying about things is NOT healthy - it could actually cause other health issues if you aren't able to get a handle on them, especially if it ends up that there is nothing medically wrong with you.

I hope this doesn't come across as unfeeling - but seriously, no one on here can diagnose you - only your doctor can do that.

Good luck!

Old 06-14-2008, 04:12 AM   #13
(female)

melgreeneyes HB User

Quote:
please........i need an answer.........i urgently need some good news.....if there can be any.....
Return to your doctor for an answer. If he/she can't give you an answer then find a new doctor.

Best of luck!

Old 06-14-2008, 04:24 AM   #14
(female)

CHRPAP HB User
Re: so scared..............

I am going to see my gyn in about 10 days, and i will have my first pap test after the laser..I am expecting my period these days....
The question is whether after the laser the result of the test can be even worse than CIN 1-2 (as the test before the laser showed).. Can it develop in CIN 3 or even cancer in 2 months????And without unprotected sex with my partner (we are together 3 years)...

Closed Thread