It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2008, 01:10 AM   #1
(female)

Anita M HB User
Unhappy hpv wart removal and malpractice

I have hpv and i have had a wart in the inner part of my leg right next to the outside of my vagina. Right on my pantyline. I called my doctors office and scheduled an appointment to have it frozen off. Little did I know that a nurse would be doing it and not a doctor.

She didn't seem to know what she was doing at first because she brought in a nitrogen tank and attempted to do the procedure. She warned me that it was about to sting and turned on the machine. I felt nothing for a few seconds until she turned it off and apologized and said she'd be back in a minute.

I overheard her talking in the hall to another nurse or doctor (not sure which), and the other woman had to come in the room and showed her that the machine was on the wrong setting.

So we went through the procedure. She said at first that she was going to do it twice to make sure she got it all, but at the end she said she used a bigger tip so she wouldn't have to do it twice.

When I looked down there, there was a crater the size of a quarter down there. It blistered up and popped in a day and it has been pussing and bleeding and secreting fluid for about a month now. I had not time to go back sooner because I got married the following weekend, went on my honeymoon the day after for a week, started my period the day we go home, so I got in as soon as I could!!

I went back and she said I had a skin infection, gave me antibiotics, and said it would scar pretty badly. Then she says "I'm Sorry"!!!!

So I haven't been able to make love to my new husband because it's so painful, in Key West, I couldn't swim in the ocean because the salt water stung. I could barely sit at my own wedding because it was so painful and it bled all over my slip. I'm so self-concious of it that I can't even show my husband, walk around naked in front of him, let him go down on me, and I'll probably be self concious for the rest of my life (at least until sex doesn't matter anymore when I get old). It looks like a crater maybe a bit larger than a quarter with tiny blisters in it, and is a completley different color than the rest of my skin, right on my pantyline and it hurts to wear underwear, and it hurts not to wear underwear.

And the nurse is "Sorry"!!!!!

Does anyone know if I have any sort of medical malpractice case? Please let me know because I am absolutley devistated about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: hpv wart removal and malpractice

I would say you do. You haven't by chance been photographing the progress, have you? If not, start now.

A burn the size of a quarter sounds absolutely ridiculous for a single wart.

Definitely get some legal advice. If nothing else, that nurse and the clinic/doctor she works for has to be stopped. They should not be letting inexperience people do that to their patients and they are definitely responsible for what she did to you.

Good luck.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
(female)

Anita M HB User
Re: hpv wart removal and malpractice

Thanks for the advise. I took a photograph with a disposable camera (making sure I didn't get anything but the sore), but they CVS refused to develop it. I am so embarrased about it, and don't really want to bring it up unless I know it's not just a waste of time.

Closed Thread