It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
(female)

mumbly08 HB User
im in need of some advice

i have just recently started seein this guy. he has high risk hpv come to find out. i am currently four months pregnant an i am wondering how high of a chance do i or my child have of catching his hpv? an is there anything that we a=can do to prevent it? he contracted it from his ex an has not had any out breaks but im still worried so if you can offer any advice on what to do i would greatly apreciate it.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: im in need of some advice

I assume he knows he has high risk HPV from this ex, because there is no HPV test for men.

There are over 100 strains of HPV. Twenty plus strains can affect the genitals (including anus and mouth/throat). Of those, they are divided into high risk and low risk HPV. Low risk HPV can cause genital warts. High risk HPV can lead to cancer if undetected and untreated. High risk HPV does not cause warts or "outbreaks".

HPV is contracted by skin to skin contact. Anyone who has had sexual contact with more than one person has most likely been exposed to HPV. You, most likely, have already been exposed to high risk HPV if you are having sexual contact with this guy.

When it comes to your baby, I don't know. You'll need to call your obstetrician about that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread