It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
(female)

hope0809 HB User
just got that call

yesterday my gnyo called me and said i was tested positive for hpv. and that i needed to go back for more screening she said something about under and over i really dont know...to be honest my mind was spinning i was ready to collaspe and i could only think how did this happen? why me? what did i do wrong? i am always safe and it just goes to show how even when your cautious it can happen. i was so upset. i cried and cried on my way to work.. and told my bestfriend she was supportive but i just dont know how to act. they made my appointment for sept 23. i could NOT understand how can u throw this kind of news on me and then give me an appointment for a month and a half later? should i call them back and complain? i understand the doctor is busy but i dont know anything about my results they only told me that and to come back. nothing about how serious it is what type. im so scared! how am i supposed to tell people in the future? and my mother? i am so upset.. and all ican is vent to this. everyone says ill get thro it which i prob will but they dont get how much this really sucks. and do i tell my partner? i mean we arent currently speaking now bc of a fight we had. but we are friends.. i dont know what to say if hell judge me-- or if i even got it frm him or if it wasnt even sexually transmitted. im scared he'll see me in a different light. ive heard stories of some ppl who were positive and turned out it was only a bacteria and they got it fixed and someone else that it turned out she didnt have it just that her birth control showed symptons of it for some reason on her pap smear. i even took the first shot of guardasil a month ago and dont know if i should continue them. i feel so ashamed and dirty . how do i get by til sept 23rd w/o this on my conscious ? i feel all the emotions of sadness anger. confusion. i just need some comforting words...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
(female)

andiesq70 HB User
Re: just got that call

Dear Hope0809, I am sorry to hear you are feeling all that you are but I can empathize with what you are going through. I was diagnosed with HPV last year (been married and monogamous for 17 yrs) and I was and still am on an emotional roller coaster with ongoing issues. Anyhow, if the doctor does not need to see you immediately that may be a good thing------although the waiting and not knowing is always difficult. There is some info. on CDC website and right now I think you should wait until your appointment to discuss it with others so you know what is really going on (others may disagree)-----and please ask your doctor all and any questions to help you understand what is going on. You are not alone and if you read some of the message boards re:HPV you will find others (including myself) are or have experienced the same thing you are going through. Stay strong and God Bless.........

Old 08-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User

Iwould def. call the nurse monday with all your questions written down so you can write notes. ask for a copy of the report and pick it up. tell her to explain everything to you. Almost all women have it. you are not alone. I say take the series of shots to prevent the other type

Old 08-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Hi Hope! You've been given some great information!

Write your questions down. Leave space for the answers. Call the doctor's office on Monday and ask for them to read the report to you, then request a copy (even if you have to go pick it up).

Ask about continuing with your vaccine. I suspect they will tell you to continue.

The good news is that women under 30 typically and "fight" the virus. Women over 30 have a more difficult time doing so. I assume since you are getting the vaccine that you rae under 30.

Go to the Center for Disease Control and search for HPV. It will give you lots of good, reliable information.

I hope that helps.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
(female)

hope0809 HB User

thank you for your words and support... i just hope its alright. i plan to call maybe tommorow or so. i just got home frm vacation.

Closed Thread