It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
(female)

tiggy44 HB User
pap result

Hi after going thru all the necessary test feb 08, colposcopy, biopsy, scraping all came back normal. Aug 08 went for my pap test came back normal. I dont have to go back for a yr, then she will test me again for hpv. I can relax some now. Keep the hope up girls !

Old 08-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: pap result

That is such good news! Yay for you, Tiggy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2008, 03:02 AM   #3
(female)

tiggy44 HB User

Yes it is good news, but in my mind I cant stop hearing these words, you have high risk hpv that may lead to cervical cancer. Yes everything came back normal. But Im still not
feeling safe =( I think this hpv has struck me so hard i had mild depression. So yes good news i dont have to go back for a year. So does this mean my hpv is staying under control? Does it mean it is possible gone? What do all these tests mean? Can I relax again and just be who I was and enjoy my life again? Also I dont know if this is normal but does hpv cause any kind of discharge? Anything?????? Yes Im happy Yes I have a peace of mind. But I will always worry that the hpv can change my normal cells to abnormal. I want to be around for a long time.
Hpv can cause depression, anxiety and fear. It has with me. I have good days and bad days. This board lets me vent and has helped me so much with all the advice. Doesnt seem to be any clear answers on hpv. I want to know if it is life threatening. Thanks everyone ..

Old 09-05-2008, 03:19 AM   #4
(female)

tiggy44 HB User

I have another issue i need to address. Noone talks about smoking and hpv. Am I the only one on this board that smokes? Not for nothing but I know smoking is bad in general. But i enjoy having a cigerette with my morning coffee and at night after kids go to bed. I have about 5 a day. I have cut back tremedously. How come my dr didnt tell me to quit? How come she didnt address this issue? I am sure to get cervical cancer because I am high risk hpv and i smoke? Im so aggravated. I just want answers.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:02 AM   #5
(female)

andiesq70 HB User

Hi Tiggy44, I understand your frustration and confusion-----I feel the same way sometimes. Like you, I find it frustrating to not get clear answers to questions I have; the boards have been great and I have learned some, my doctor and nurse have told me some things but not much and websites seem to be vague at times (regarding vulva issues). I have had 2 areas of severe dysplasia on my vulva area, both times removed and pre-cancerous. Now I have been referred to a GYN Oncologist for further tests and evaluations. I was diagnosed last year and was a wreck (plus my husband was in Iraq for the year) but I am not going to let the diagnosis consume my life because I have too much to enjoy and live for. I do have my moments when I cry and I do wish this would just go away but it won't. All I can do is hope for the best! It's a shame the doc didn't tell you about smoking, that is one of the first questions I was asked (I am not a smoker). You should try to stop smoking, from the CDC it states smoking will help HPV persistance. Plus, you want to have a stong immune system, of course smoking has negative affects and also it is important to keep stress levels low (I know easier said than done). A healthy diet, excercise, and multi vitamins (with folic acid) were recommended to me. Nobody but your doctor can tell you why she did not speak to you about smoking. I hope you can learn to enjoy your life again and focus less on having HPV-----try and focus on the positive things, I do. Take good care of yourself and keep us posted! Best wishes to you and your family!

Last edited by andiesq70; 09-06-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Closed Thread