It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008, 05:26 AM   #1
(female)

luz haydee HB User
Hvp

Hi I Was Just Diagnosed With The Hvp Virus I Am At High Risk. Is I Am A 54 Female Married For 39 Years , Has Had A Heart Attack 2 Years Ago. I Really Am Shock To Learn That I Have This. My Husband Swears He Has Not Been With Anyone But Me But Now I Dont Want Him To Even Do Sexual Advances To Me I Feel Disgusted And All I Do Is Cry When I Think Of This. We Are Both Retired Living Well Have Everything We Can Desired. I Have 9 Grandchildren Which We Love To Death. But Nothing Is Perfect. I Ask My Doctor If Any Meds Or What Can I Do To Help My Condition And He Said Just Come In For Testing Every 3 Months. I'm At The Point That If It Wasnt For One Of My Grand Child , I Woundnt Care To Keep On Living Anymore. I Am In Depression Since My Attack And Now With This You Cant Image. Thanks For Listening I Just Cant Talk To Any One About This.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Hvp

Hi Luz! I understand your distress!

First of all, know that over 80% of women have been exposed to HPV at some point before they are 50 years old. It is entirely likely that someone is exposed to HPV as early as his/her first sexual partner. It can stay in your system that long.

Since you are 54, I suspect this is the first time your doctor tested for HPV when he/she did your pap. Am I correct? If so, then your situation is similar to mine, only I'm 45.

I'm glad to know your doctor is retesting you in 3 months. You also might ask your doctor to do a colposcopy and an ECC (endocervical curettage) at the next appointment. They look closer at the cervix and inside the cervix to determine if there is any dysplasia.

Know that most women go through the same feelings you have: not feeling sexually attractive, questioning the fidelity of the partner, etc. Know that those feelings subside after a time.

There is so much more I could say, but I think that is enough for now. (((hugs)))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
(female)

Catherine58 HB User

Hi Luz,

Please understand the way you are feeling is completly normal. I to am 50 years old and just found out I have HPV high risk for cervical cancer. I was with my husband for 30 years and then just recently I have abnormal pap's which I never have my entire life. Even though I did not know that when you have abnormal pap's most likely it is due to HPV. The doctor never told me about HPV. I just found this information out in 2008. Back in 2006 my doctor did not test me for HPV ( doctor's were just learing of this HPV test with pap's) but my pap's were abnormal. It is only normal for you to feel like your husband cheated but I have read and the doctor has advised me that it could stay dormant in your body for a long time. So, I feel that my husband had this long before we got married. I know I was a virgin when I got married but I knew he was not a virgin when we got married. It is so hard to believe that this can stay dormant for so long. Then after 30 years people like you and me come down with HPV!!! I cried to for so many nights when I found out. I finally come to realize that my condition could of been a lot worse. I thank the Lord that it was just in the first stage of CIN 1 and not cancer CIN 4 or 5. Hpv is so common even the best people who have only one sex partner can get HPV. The best medicine is to be thankful, eat healthy, reduce your stress which I know is very hard, and excerise 30 mintues a day if you can. Luz, please check back to this site as there are so many woman like yourself who finds comfort with their questions answered because woman who know what it means to be in your sitaution really cares and understands the pain you are going through. I hope this puts a smile on your face and remember to count your blessings and try and be happy. You will get your questions answered here with woman who have been through it. I too got a colposcpy and a ECC cervical curettage. My biospy came back abnormal squamous cells and then that is when my doctor is going to do a cryosurgery which they will go in and freeze my abnormal cells and take then out this Thursday. This way my body can regrow new cells and hopefully I will be fine. I have to go get a pap in the next 3 months to check and make sure I have a negative reading. This to is something I did nto wnat in my life but like I said I am thankful it is not worse than it is. Hope this helps you. Take care.
Catherine

Old 09-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Luz, please don't let yourself get more depressed about this. There is no way of knowing how long you have had it. It is good that your doctor has caught it early and is going to be watching it so closely. Take care.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
(female)

andiesq70 HB User

Hi ladies, I am sorry you are hurting Luz but you have a lot of great people here who are very helpful and that have helped me learn more about HPV. It is a place you can ask questions, send messages and get support-----I know I'm glad to have found this message board. Anyhow, I have heard some odd stories about people getting HPV and wanted to let you know of one particular one. Recently a couple found out the female had HPV and they both were up in arms because they insist they are both virgins. Well, the nurse told me that they believe some men carry the virus on the outside of their penis and she could have got it by other sexual means, not intercourse. I never knew about the skin to skin contact until joining this board and am amazed at how much I continue to learn. Unfortunately I cannot support or deny this story but I did here it from a health care professional is all I can say. I totally understand your feelings and emapthize with them (I used the blame game for a short time and then realized my husband is a wonderful man and I am lucky to have him! I want him on my side and not to fight with!) but you are the only person who can say 'right, I have this and am worthy of love, sex and a life!' because you have a lot to live for! God Bless and take care!!!!

Last edited by andiesq70; 09-02-2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: error/addition

Old 09-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
(female)

luz haydee HB User

hi to all the reader who wrote back and took the time to. i feel alot better after reading all your replies. i guess i am not alone and can trust my husband after all .. he swore he hasnt been un faithful. and i like to believe him because he is a very strict clean person he was a militant for 20 years and he's so set on his way that i really should give him a chance to. but i really would like to thank all the readers who took time to read and reply. i now see i have a good place to go to when in need . thanks so much and thanks for the web site too. a friend luz haydee from puerto rico

Old 09-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #7
(female)

luz haydee HB User
Re: Hvp let me correct it its i think hpv

hi again. ive read all the replies and am really feeling much much better. i'd like to take time and thank all the replies and like i said before thanks for a friend in need,this website has saved me from more depression and from a split marriage after 39 years thank again

Old 09-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #8
(female)

andiesq70 HB User

Dear Luz, I am so glad you are feeling a bit better. I'm not going to deny the shock, worry and impact that HPV seems to have but just remember you are not alone. I have read through many of the threads and it has helped me cope better also. Keep in touch and best of luck.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #9
(female)

Catherine58 HB User

Hi Luz,
I am so happy you got back on the board to read some of the messages. It does help in a lot of ways and I am happy that you are feeling a little bit better about the knowledge of HPV. Just remember high risk HPV that causes cervical cancer always get your pap tests like the doctor tells you. Remember also Luz, anything with the prefex pre- behind the word is a blessing that it is not cancer yet and that the doctor's can do something about it. We can be thankful that the medical field is so knowledgable about HPV and the technology is here to save woman's lives!! We are all here to help each other through this and help with the questions that ponders women who finds out that they have HPV........ Why me and how did this happen? Take care.
Catherine

Closed Thread