It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

Sunny40 HB User
Genital warts- question for females

I was recently told I have low risk HPV through testing-and recently noticed these small flesh like bumpsthat stick out on my labia minora-I went in recently for the doctor to check them out and he says there not warts- How could he be so sure.
I dont know if I've always had them or not because I never checked myself like that before knowing I have HPV
Its like i've looked up pictures online but they seem to be all really severe cases of warts.
Im going for second opinion to another doctor but im really afraid that if they are ----what method would be best to take them off.
It seems that everywhere I read people with warts have reoccuring ones.
Anyway the question is what do mild like warts look like? Do they always look like califlowers? Hard?

Please any insight would help

Old 09-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #2
(female)

andiesq70 HB User
Re: Genital warts- question for females

Hi Sunny, it sounds like a good idea if you are not convinced to have a second opinion but it sounds like I have similar bumps and they are not warts----according to my doctor I trust. The following is some information I found;
[DELETED]
I am still in the learning process but this information comes from the Center for Disease Control. Hope this helps and good luck.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 09-03-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: This board is for your own writing only. Do not paste text from other sources.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2008, 08:29 AM   #3
(female)

Sunny40 HB User

Thanks for your reply.
Im really hoping its nothing, Ive scheduled an appointement for a second opinion 2 weeks away. Im trying to stay optimistic but its really hard when you have so much against you.
I really wish in a way that I never found out about this. I must have had this for years being that I'm still with my first sexual partner and living life perfectly fine....now I find this out and cant help but feel disgusting and diseased.
Were you diagnosed with HPV?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
(female)

andiesq70 HB User

Hi Sunny,
Yes I was told I have HPV last year and have had 2 areas of severe dysplasia on the vulva area, both times they had to be removed. I am being sent to a Oncologist soon to have a check up with concerns by my doc that I've had 2 positive areas. I completely understand how you feel and know what you mean about feeling disgusting and diseased. I'm not going to say it's been easy because it has been a roller coaster ride. I came to the boards to find out information and have read through many of the threads (it has also helped me cope better)----I still feel very uneducated about the whole thing but am learning slowly. I have been married for over 17 years now and never expected anything like this. I don't know whether my husband had it or I did but it doesn't matter because it's something we have to deal with together. I did have a sort of skin tags that grew slowly and hurt at times, when I asked what it could be is when they cut it off and sent it for a biopsy-----showing HPV. You are not alone and you should not feel ashamed! Best of luck on your upcoming appointment and keep us posted!

Last edited by andiesq70; 09-06-2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: error

Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
(female)

rhiannon777 HB User

Not all warts look like cauliflower. Some warts can look like little flesh-colored pieces of skin sticking off ("skin tags" is a common benign condition totally unrelated to HPV, but if you search for it, it will give you an idea of what mild warts can look like).

Genital warts DO tend to have a characteristic appearance, and they are pretty common, so your doctor was probably correct in his diagnosis. I applaud you for getting a second opinion though! When you see the next doctor, you may want to ask him what they are if they are not genital warts. Having an answer might make you feel less anxious.

There is no reason for you to feel disgusting. HPV is very,very common (most people have it at some point in their lives, many never know they had it). Just like a cold or flu, it's only a virus, it says nothing about you. And, unless I'm misinterpreting things, you've only ever been with one person, so that person must have given it to you, and I'm willing to bet you don't think of them as disgusting or diseased.

Maybe this will also help you to think of things a different way -- low-risk HPV is only a cosmetic problem! It doesn't do anything at all to your actual health, so your life can go on just the same as it was before. Good luck!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
(female)

Sunny40 HB User

thank you Rhiannon for your words of encourgement.
Im so nervous appt is on the Tuesday.
Im really convinced there warts bc i have a few.
The doctor told me that its just the way it looks there and to know for sure a biopsy would need to be done and he said he wouldnt do that because I have them on both sides supposedly.
Ill keep you all posted. Im praying its nothing but preparing for the worst.
I feel like I'll never kick this out of my system. Ive been with having sex with my boyfriend for 5 years and now all of this is coming up. He swears he hasnt cheated and I believe him...in a way I wish he had it would explain it being detected now.
I hate showering and using the bathroom I find my self just looking down there with disgust! I hope a year from now I dont feel the way I do today.
Its really put everything on pause for me right now.
I was expecting my life to take a postive turn this year....I knew an engagement was soon in the picture....but thats all on hold for me now. Cant imagine being happy about anything right.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
(female)

Sunny40 HB User

Well i went to the doctor to get a second opinion about what I thought were warts down there. And she assured me they werent. She said they were like skin type tags from when the hymen breaks
But what rubbed me the wrong way is that she said you have this for life.
She said you could get tested a year or 2 from now and it not show up that time around because your immune system may not detect it and stress and stuff like that sparks it back up.
Do you believe this?
I mean she was pretty nice she was like theres really no way to protect yourselve from this except by not having sex.
By the way I wish I was never tested for this. There really is no point of knowing unless of course you have he high risk one that could lead to cancer.
No wonder they dont test for low risk unless you have symtoms....added stress for nothing. I have an ocd type personality as it is and now knowing this blowssssssssss

Closed Thread