It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 06:42 AM   #1
(female)

Severts HB User
Hpv

I have a pt who has tested + for HPV. She is going to have Cryo done. She is wondering what are her chances of getting it again if she stays with this partner. Is there any treatment for men if there are no active lesions on his penis.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
(female)

Catherine58 HB User
Re: Hpv

Hi Severts,
Once you are infected with HPV you have it for rest of your life. HPV stays domant in your body until it becomes active. Some people can fight off the virus where others like myself have problems fighting off the virus and it turns into other stages that can turn into cervical cancer. You have to be on top of things and do what your doctor tells you to do and be prompt on your pap's when scheduled. I had my Cyro done in August 08, and have to go back in 6 weeks for a pap and hopefully it will come back negative. If not, then I have to have another Cyro to make sure I have no abnormal lesions. My doctor said that she only saw one lesion when my Cyro was done and she took care of it. The Cyro is a wonderful surgery because it freezes any possible lesions you have if not treated it could spread the virus and turn into cervical cancer. The surgery did not even hurt for me. My doctor told me to eat healthy, excerise and work on your stress level in you life. I hope this answers any concerns you have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
(female)

andiesq70 HB User

I was told you cannot be reinfected by your current partner (if monogamous relationship), the virus has been passed back and forth already.

Last edited by andiesq70; 09-14-2008 at 06:00 AM.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

There is a difference between low risk HPV (that cause genital warts) and high risk (which can lead to cancer if undetected and/or untreated).

Old 09-12-2008, 11:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Unless her partner picks up a new strain outside the relationship, your "pt" (what is that, btw?) has already picked up everything from him that she is going to. She can't get what she already has again.

As for treatment for him, as far as I know, there is no treatment for him - same as there are no treatments for women if there are no active warts or lesions.

Closed Thread