It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User
Cool Hi everyone

I have been through so much stress lately-and now here comes another 6 month visit for pap - well it went over into 8 months - they could not see me sooner. I notice everytime I have to go for these exams it makes me sick-and extremely stressed. When does this fear go away. I am so afraid they will tell me bad news and it truly freaks me out. Does anyone else feel this way each time they have to go for these exams or am I just being a chicken?

Old 09-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Hi everyone

Why are they rechecking every 6 months? What have your paps and other tests shown so far?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
(female)

cheergirle01 HB User

No, your not a chicken because something could pop up. I have to get check ups every 6 months too. Unfortuntly i haven't went yet. But i'm going to a new doctor to get a second opinion. I did hear about a surgery that takes away HPV. Haven't looked into it but a friend of mine said she did it and never looked back. But i'm in the same boat as you in a week i'll be a nevous wreak!!

Old 09-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
(female)

andiesq70 HB User

I understand what you mean, for me the main cause for feeling anxious and worry is because of the UNKNOWN-----will they find anything. I find it difficult because it's so unpredictable how HPV will affect you. I have to go in every 6 months also. And to share a funny or maybe not so funny story; my doctor always seems to be training somebody and not only do I have 1 person closely examing my vaginal area (and my doctor wears a Miner type light on his forehead) but 2 of them are down there peering around. Now if that's not fun I don't know what is(I am beginning to get over the embarrassment)! LOL! The best piece of advice I can give is that you want to get treatments as soon as possible and if that means getting checked frequently to detect any abnormal areas then you gotta do it! I also try to remember things could always be worse and even though I have HPV, my life is good! Don't know if that helps but I wish you luck.

Last edited by andiesq70; 09-20-2008 at 04:31 PM.

Closed Thread