It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
Registered User
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 0
collegegirl04 HB User
Hpv

I got the HPV vaccine last year. I have recently started sleeping with a new partner and we didnt use a condom once. He just found out that he has HPV, Should i be concerned?

 
Old 09-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 3
venus1982 HB User
Re: Hpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegegirl04 View Post
I got the HPV vaccine last year. I have recently started sleeping with a new partner and we didnt use a condom once. He just found out that he has HPV, Should i be concerned?
Hi,
You should be concerned, there are more than 100 different types of hpv's. So even if you have the shot, it only covers a few of the the main types that cause cancer.
check out womenshealth.gov they have a lot of information about it. Hope this helps.
v.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 09-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Pickle Eyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere In TX, USA
Posts: 3,591
Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Hpv

I assume if he just found out he has HPV, then that means he has genital warts. Yes, you should go get checked.

The vaccine only protects against 4 of the 20 strains of HPV that effect the genitals (out of the known 100+ strains). Two of those strains are for low risk HPV (which cause genital warts) and 2 are for high risk HPV (which can lead to cancer if undetected and/or untreated). Those 2 strains of low risk HPV are blamed for causing about 75% of genital warts, but there are many strains that cause the other 25% which are not vaccinated for.

I hope that makes sense. Bottom line, go get checked out!

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Retin-a-micro success stories.... Dom Acne 2 01-18-2003 07:06 AM
Rules of the Board - please read moderator2 Acne 0 06-10-2002 08:06 PM
If you feel suicidal, please read here.... moderator2 Acne 0 05-29-2002 06:54 PM
All members..... moderator2 Acne 2 05-16-2002 08:18 PM
How to use this message board.... moderator2 Acne 0 04-17-2002 07:33 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Kali333 (12), Switch96 (11), curly fry (3), Titchou (2), Pickle Eyes (2), chronicworry (2), scared7 (2), tattoogirly (2), aqulit (2), hlowrie (1)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1005), Apollo123 (905), Titchou (848), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (754), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:24 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!